Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodleydragons
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Charged for a hub exhcange?? please help

Go to solution

We had a BT home hub 5  it seemed to stop working, the computer (wireed) was OK but the wi fi was dropping in and out and the hud light stayed on solid orange.   I did an online chat to a customer service rep who said they did some tests, they stated our hud was indeed faulty and said "I shall send a replacement"

Much to my surprise they sent a hub 6, there was no note nor bill ith it, we set it up and it worked fine. but now I have noticed a £50 charge for the hub on my bill!!.... Not once at any time during the conversatino was a charge mentioned, it was a simple "I will send a replacement"... I am confused and upset by this.. and I don't have the means to pay the extra so I am at a loss ast to what I can do.

Surely they cannot charge for something unless they say there will be a charge??  Anyone any ideas on what I can do to get this charge taken off.  It is bad enough i received an email some time ago saying "thank you for renewing your contract with us" when I hadn't done anything!!!.. so now i feel stuck.. and worried that because I can't pay for this extra that they will just cut off my service leaving me stranded with no telephone which i desperately need to keep switched on.

Advice please?... thank you in advance.

PS I have a saved transcript from the conversation if needed... thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Charged for a hub exhcange?? please help

Go to solution

If you were out of contract, then there would be a charge for a new hub unless you had agreed to re-contract.

0 Ratings
rodleydragons
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

According to the email i have the renewal is July 27th?  Surely even if i was out of contract however instead of just saying "I will send you a replacement" there should have been some conversation regarding a charge for it???

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

The charge may have been due to the fact that you upgraded to the new home hub?

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
rodleydragons
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you for that.  I didn't ask for any upgrade, the person i spoke to simply said they would send a replacement, at no time during the conversation was there any indication of it being upgraded.  I was very surprised when I got the hub 6 and assumed that this was just what was done now when replacing to keep tech up to date.  

I appreciate you flagging this, I am quite stressed about it now 😞   

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @rodleydragons and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry for any confusion with the charge being raised. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Can you please drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
rodleydragons
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hope i did it correctly.. i have contacted you now  Your enquiry reference number: *****-*****   thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for confirming that @rodleydragons. We deal with cases in turn so once you reach the top of the queue either myself or one of the other mods will be in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
rodleydragons
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
Still not heard anything yet and getting more and more concerned. 😔
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

The moderators normally get back to you in two working days. If they are busy this can take a bit longer but they will get back to you.

0 Ratings