Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
martdy
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Charged twice

Go to solution

Just had my latest bill and I have been charged twice for a new youview ultra hd box.

I paid £56.95 with credit card upfront. That was £49.00 for the box and £7.95 delivery ( the delivery was delayed but thats another story)

I now see my bill has a charge for new equipment - £49.00

I have been on live chat and got absolutely nowhere as they kept insisting my credit card charge was for a previous bill ( I pay by monthly direct debit)

Then it was for an activation fee -This box is just an upgrade for my already activated youview box.

It clearly states Equipment charge on ther bill.

Can someone please assist

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Charged twice

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @martdy and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry live chat weren't able to get this sorted for you. I can take a look at this for you. Can you please drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
martdy
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Details sent

Thanks

0 Ratings
martdy
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I think Ive worked this one out.

Looking back through my bank statements ,no usual direct debit payment was made for October.

For some reason , because I paid up front for the new box in October my usual DD didnt come out.

So this month I am paying for 2 months.

Apologies for thinking the worst , but it did seem like I had paid twice for the box when looking at the latest bill.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @martdy Thanks for posting back this update. Do you still need us to look into this for you or can we close the form you completed for us.

Cheers

John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
martdy
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thats fine to close - Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @martdy Thanks and I will get that closed.

Many Thanks

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings