Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Osbornerk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Charges after end of years contract at wits end now

Go to solution

I paid my line rental upfront for a year in January 2017.

I paid the final payment on my BT fibre year contract in December 2017 which ended on 17th January 2018 when it transferred to Plusnet (yeah I know still a BT company)

Since then BT have taken since the end of contract on 26th January by direct debit £58.34

On the 1st February they took by direct debit another £17.75

Making a total of £76.09 that has been taken after the BT contract closed!

(I have not stopped the direct debit giving them the opportunity to still give me a refund avenue) 

My closed account yesterday showed a Minus figure of -£61.77 but is in credit for £79.52

I spoke to the billing team in Dublin today saying it should only be £76.09 but they insisted it was £79.52

I gave up at this point and thought ah well if you want to pay me £3.43 too much it is not worth arguing anymore.

Now my closed account shows a minus figure of -£61.77 but will receive an automatic refund of £21.18

I really don't know how to sort this out. i spend countless time on the phone and they still pluck magic figures out of thin air!

I suppose I will be forced to wait to see what actually gets paid back into my account.

My question is is there a time limit to sort it, or where do I go if they fail (or give me too much) back into my current account.

Help.........

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Charges after end of years contract at wits end now

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@Osbornerk We'll be happy to get this looked into if you send over your details on the 'click here to contact the mods' link. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Osbornerk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you NeilO I have submitted the form and look forward to resolving this dispute hopefully!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Osbornerk Thanks for that, I'm sure we'll be able to sort any problems. We're quite busy in the moderation team at the moment so it will take us a few days to reply. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Osbornerk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I am going to be wary about returning to BT in the future due to the hassle involved but I finally received my refund charges by cheque. Thank you

0 Ratings