cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JakeEd
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Closed account but new payment overdue?

I was wondering if someone could set my mind at ease a bit.

My grandma passed away in April, I was living with her to care for her. When she passed we had to sell the house. I called to cancel BT when the house sold around the end of June.

I paid a bill at the end of July, thinking it was the final one. It now states on my BT that I am overdue another bill.  I have contacted BT numerous times throughout this month in regards to my account.

It was confirmed my account is closed on more than one chat. I was advised to cancel my direct debit and I will not have to pay anything.

But now as stated I have an overdue bill on my account. I raised a complaint today as this is a constant reminder of my grandma as I'm trying to move on, and they said they're going to make a report and get back to me Monday. I am now worried sick about having to pay a bill (I'm currently living out of a hotel until my new abode is ready) and very distressed about the situation. My head feels like it's going to explode.

Can anyone tell me where I stand, what this situation looks like or if anyone has experienced similar and their outcome?

Thanks for your time and sorry about the rant, I hate complaining...

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Closed account but new payment overdue?

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 3

Re: Closed account but new payment overdue?

Hi @JakeEd,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your Grandmother, I know this has been a distressing time for you and your family and I'm sorry if BT has added to this in any way. 

If you send me in the account details, I'll be my best to help you with your complaint.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings