cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TuncBozkurt
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Closing Bt home account

Hello! I have applied 22 days ago to close my bt account this is because I am moving out from my home and Bt is lying me over the phone and trying to sell new packages however I am refusing all of them and I wanted to close but yet I haven’t received any call or confirmation email about it. Do you know why or how is the process?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Closing Bt home account

Ring 0800 800 150, speak to the Loyalty or Value team, tell them you wish to cancel your services and close your account.
You'll need to give 30 days notice, if you're within a minimum term there can be early termination charges, it will be explained when you call.

0 Ratings
TuncBozkurt
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi, I have completed term and I have completed my agreement with BT. I called them but they are lying me for cancelation
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 4 of 9

Ask them to do it whilst you're on the phone, that is the standard way, you'll receive an email confirming it almost instantly.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 9

Hi @TuncBozkurt 

Welcome and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to see you're having problems closing your BT account.  Give the team a call directly on 0800 800 030, option 1, and they should be able to help.

Any problems, post back here.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
TuncBozkurt
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

I called them 1 hour ago and she said me over the phone that in 10 minutes she will sent a confirmation email however again there is no email almost 1 hours
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 7 of 9

@TuncBozkurt wrote:
I called them 1 hour ago and she said me over the phone that in 10 minutes she will sent a confirmation email however again there is no email almost 1 hours

Thanks @TuncBozkurt 

Can I ask you just to confirm you tried calling 0800 800 030?  That's the direct number.  If you have let me know and I will arrange for this to be picked up from here.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
TuncBozkurt
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Yes definetely called this number and pressed 1 but seems there is no email yet
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 9 of 9

OK @TuncBozkurt thank you for confirming that.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings