cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Closing an account (Move Out)

Hi,

I'm trying to help my mum who is having some challenges with her account(s).  I'm listed as an account manager on both of her accounts.

She has two accounts - Account1 (Old house) and Account 2  (New House), she needed BT services for her new house for a period of about 2 weeks before she moved out of her old house, so for this reason we completed a new order rather than doing the 'traditional move out' process where her account for the old house would've just transferred to the new house.

When she recently moved out of her old house she called on the 13th April to request for Account 1 to be closed from the 14th April, she was told that a final bill would be issued and they wouldn't charge for the cancellation period given she's clearly taken out new BT services for her new house.  Unfortunately, whilst services have been removed from the account, the account is still live (according to the person I spoke with last night) and no final bill has been issued - she has also been billed for the period 14th April to 14th May. 

When I called yesterday I was advised that whilst services had been removed, an active email remained on Account 1 which was preventing it from closing an issuing a final bill.  I was told that I needed to 'Import an email address' from her Old Account to her New Account and that will trigger the account to issue a final bill.  I've tried to do this, but she doesn't have any email addresses to import.  On Account 1 is says 'Active Email Addresses (0).  I was told on the phone the email address she needed to import would be the one she uses to log into BT, but this is an @hotmail address and the import feature simply errors with the following message

Sorry something has gone wrong. It's not you, it's us - if you try again it should work. If you keep getting this message please let us know.

Any help and advice would be welcome as to how we can fully close Account 1 and get the billing sorted so she's not paying for the period after she sold the property would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Closing an account (Move Out)

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Closing an account (Move Out)

Hi @JonH1982,

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing these difficulites, we can certainly look into this for you. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thank you

MandyF

0 Ratings