cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CST555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Communication Breakdown!

Background information: Previous subscriber at my address had BT phone line and Infinity - no cable changes required within property.

11th March: Ordered BT phone line and Infinity.  Contract due to start on 26th March.

19th March: Received email stating that Infinity activation delayed until 27th March.

24th March: Received HomeHub5.

25th March: Previous subscriber's service disconnected.

26th March: Received conflicting emails from BT whether Infinity installation was engineer or self-install. Spoke to BT who after several times of asking confirmed self-install for the 27th March.  Phone service due to commence.  Received email stating phone service ready.  No phone service received.  No dial tone.

27th March:  Received automated mailer from "Broadband Order Management" giving a number to call with a pin number which was not valid. Infinity service due to commence.  No Infinity service received.  Still no phone service. Received email saying broadband service put back to 10th April with no explanation.

28th March: Spoke at length to various people at BT on a mobile phone call of 45 minutes duration. Various tests were done on the phone line which suggested "an issue inside the property". Engineer visit booked for 1st April to rectify problems and get service running.

1st April: Engineer arrived 8am and promptly identified issue with phone line (outside the property in the cabinet in the street). However, engineer had no instructions to activate BT Infinity or any Broadband service.  Currently phone is working but no internet.  Spoke to BT who repeatedly told me that BT Infinity would be activated on 10th April - no explanation or apology.

This is my first experience of dealing with BT and it's not started well!
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 8

Re: Communication Breakdown!

Hi CST555,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  Not a great start at all, really sorry that you still don't have broadband.  I can certainly help you with this.

Can you please drop me an email.  Click on my username (SeanD) and you will find the 'Mods contact link' under the about me section of my profile.  Please send me your account details or order reference, anything to help me locate your account.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
CST555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for picking this up Sean.

I can only see the PM link on the right when I click through to your profile; am I looking in the wrong place?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

looking for 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CST555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Thanks imjolly,

This is what I can see...

WhatISee.jpg

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 8

My apologies CST, that's my fault Smiley Embarassed.

Can you try now and you should be able to see my link

0 Ratings
CST555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

OK, Have done it!

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
CST555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

So, BT phoned me yesterday and I spent about 30 minutes on hold whilst various people spoke to different departments. They apologised that there was such a delay for another engineer to come and activate my Infinity and asked me for 3 dates when I would be free so they could arrange another appointment.  I gave the man 3 dates.  He said I'd get a call before the end of the day to confirm.

Result?  No call back but I got a text message.  Telling me that a "new" appointment had been booked for 10/04/14.  Completely ignoring the date preferences that I had given and the same date as the previous appointment that I have issue with.

This is incredible! It's as though they are going out of their way to annoy me.

0 Ratings