cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gracie1
Message 1 of 3

Comparison tool shows I'm paying way over the odds!!

Go to solution

I'm kicking myself for being so complacent! I've just used a comparison tool and it seems I'm paying at least £34 over the odds for being loyal to BT.  

I looked on My BT/order summary for contract end date and all I can see is 'order placed' date of June 2017. Does this mean my contract ended June 2018 or will it have rolled over to June 2019?

I want to change providers as soon as but no doubt I'll be charged for ending contract early. Is this a set charge or will it be based on my current extortionate payments?

Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Comparison tool shows I'm paying way over the odds!!

Go to solution

If you are not sure when your minimum term contract ended you could be out of that minimum term at which point you continue on your contract but you would lose any discount that you may have had during the minimum term and you will now be paying full price for your broadband.

If you are out of your minimum term there would be no charge to move to another provider. 

You only need to give 30 days notice if stopping broadband or 14 days notice if moving to another provider, although the new provider would do that for you.

You should contact the BT Options Team 0800.800.030 who will be able to tell you when your contract ends and if need be you should try and negotiate a better price.

Gracie1
Message 3 of 3

Re: Comparison tool shows I'm paying way over the odds!!

Go to solution

Thank you I'll contact them on Monday

0 Ratings