Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Willzaa
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Compensation for Late Connection

Hello,

I was originally told that my order would be connected in February but I was not connected until August. I had raised complaints throughout this time and received a text saying that I'd be eligible for compensation of £5 a day for up to 60 days.

Now that my first bill is here there is no sign of this compensation anywhere, how do I receive this compensation?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Compensation for Late Connection

@Willzaa 

I think you may find that compensation was suspended in March, due to the pandemic, as it was not possible for any provision work to be carried out.

This page may help https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation#:~:text=SCHEME%20TEMPORARILY%20SU...

"

Ofcom is aware and understands that these are exceptional circumstances. We have outlined below hoe Automatic Compensation has been impacted:

For orders/faults raised any time before 2 July 2020:

• Automatic compensation for services activated later than the date we committed to you will only be paid for eligible orders completed on or before 31 March 2020
  • Automatic compensation for late repairs, as defined below, will only be paid for eligible faults closed on or before 31 March 2020
  • Automatic compensation will only be paid for missed engineer appointments up to and including 31 March 2020

On 2 July 2020, Openreach lifted Coronavirus related restrictions in some areas of the UK. In areas where the restrictions had been lifted, all three automatic compensation payments mentioned above were now introduced for customers. In areas where Coronavirus related restrictions had not been lifted, only missed appointment payments would be applied.

On 15 August 2020, Openreach lifter all Coronavirus related restrictions. So from this date, automatic compensation will now be paid in all eligible scenarios."

0 Ratings
Willzaa
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

That's understandable but what about for the days outside of the restrictions? There's a large amount of time unaccounted for which I expect to be compensated for. Especially when I received a text in March saying that I would be eligible for this compensation. 

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Willzaa 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm sorry that you haven't received the compensation.  The Automatic Compensation was suspended due to the pandemic as @Keith_Beddoe has pointed out above however I understand your order delay was prior to this and that you received a text message confirming your eligibility.

Give our helpdesk a call on 0800 800 150 who will be able to help you.  Keep us posted how you get on.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Willzaa
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the reply Robbie.

Is there any other way to get in touch as I've tried calling numerous times but been on hold for 20 minutes without any answer.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for posting back @Willzaa 

Have you tried having a word with our >> Live Chat Team << ?

Keep me posted.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings