cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k2150
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Compensation for loss of Internet

Do BT offer compensation for loss of your Internet conection if the fault is on their network, if so how many days loss of internet service is the minimum you can claim for, and do you actually have to file a claim or is this done automatically ? tia.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Compensation for loss of Internet

Not for Residential Broadband customers, only Business ones.

You can claim back daily line rental charges. See Customer service guarantee

You would have to prove actual financial loss, but that would only apply to a business, which you are not allowed to operate on a residential broadband line.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
ste211270
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Yes you can get Compensation for loss of service even for Residential Broadband customers it wont be much but you can as I have done it myself just give bt a call Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

you only get compensation for line rental as a residential customer
0 Ratings
ste211270
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I got a credit because my broadband and phone was not activated when it should have been bt.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

that was because as a new customer your activation was late but not the same for existing customer where there is a loss of broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings