Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Compensation for loss of service

Go to solution

And here we are again.

BT have closed my complaint. 

However, my bill history shows no results for compensation and credits.

They'd better be ready to be shouted at. Again.

I think I may very well be moving to a different provider for the sake of my mental health and blood pressure.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

@MisstickMegwrote:

They'd better be ready to be shouted at. Again.

What a lovely person you are, maybe call up & speak nicely to see if the issue can be resolved, if you start shouting at them they'd be quite within your rights to hang up on you

Feel free to move providers too some of the others haven't even signed up to the automatic scheme so may not even give you anywhere near as much for issues

Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Hi, @MisstickMeg I'm sorry for any confusion caused. I can see your complaint is still open and in a Manager escalation queue, it appears there has been more than one complaint opened for the same issue. @DavidM will be in touch with you again today to provide you with an update.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @MisstickMeg ,

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry it took so long to get this sorted. I've called and spoke with Mrs MisstickMeg and have also dropped you a private message confirming everything. If you have any other problems please get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

@garybs29 

I thank you, but it's not necessary to call me a lovely person. 

Because I sometimes have a short fuse I try to do these things by email or online - that way I have time to reflect on my words and how they might be taken, I also have time to check whether I think the person or persons I'm dealing with is being helpful or obstructive.

I'm glad you know what my rights are re hanging up. I think the people whom I might or might not be shouting at also have rights.

As you may have seen above if you've read the whole thread, this compensation process is meant to be automatic. In my mind (and the Ofgem code of practice) that means once the initial loss of service has been reported and not been fixed within the allowed 48 hours then the customer should receive compensation within 30 calendar days of the fix. This didn't happen. BT did not communicate with me other than to send me my monthly bill. 10 weeks after the fault was fixed we began wondering why nothing was happening. BT staff promised to phone back. Several times. Once would have been enough (as it was when @DavidM spoke with my wife).

I am dismayed that some of the BT community seems prepared to swear that black is white when presented with evidence of how BT's customer service isn't reaching the standards it aspires to. 

There are issues that are outwith the scope of this forum relating to compensation for customers of both BT and other providers for larger scale faults and I shall pursue these elsewhere.

Thank you for your interest and helpful comments.

Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

@DavidM 

Thank you for eventually resolving this. As you are aware my wife has spent a considerable amount of time talking to numerous people within BT and we are both relieved that we have managed to come to an agreed conclusion.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

No one argued that poor customer service is acceptable, but your assertion that BT should compensate customers , even ones that are not customers of BT , but customers of BT’s competitors, for the time they were out of service , (minus the first two days ) , even if that customer has not reported that they were out of service, was and still is , nonsensical, as noted in message 8 , your complaint about the length of time it was taking to provide you with compensation was justified.

0 Ratings