cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hughsey059
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Complaining made difficult

I am a new customer to BT, and had countless issues getting everything set up, especially with covid restrictions. Anyway the cause of my problems was found to be my internal phone socket, so an engineer attended my property (after lockdown eased) and replaced my phone sockets (we had not long moved in) Great, problem sorted. This month an additional £85 was taken from my dd for an engineer callout. There was no mention of any charge prior or after this repair, so i wanted to log a complaint. There is no email address for customers to make a complain, you either have to write a letter or speak to someone on the phone, which is ridiculous. However the CEO of BT has an email address which is easily accessable. A leading company in communications does not have an email address for complaints, why?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Complaining made difficult

was the master phone socket damaged as that would be the reason for the charge

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/getting-set-up/costs-and-charges/engineer-home-improvement-service-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Hughsey059
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

We had just moved in to the property, so we had not damaged anything. The advisor never mentioned any charges. If we had been told, then fair enough, but we wasn't. It took 2 months to get our service fully working, but we was still being charged for our package

0 Ratings
Hughsey059
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for this, they dont make it easy to find. I have submitted the complaint, but no acknowledgement as to whether its gone through. So for all i know, it hasn't.

I'll see what Mr Jenson comes back with 👍

0 Ratings
Hughsey059
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Just to let you know, they have removed the email option for raising a complaint, thought i wasnt going completely mad.

0 Ratings