Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stevenmckinlay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 44

Complaint about service

I cancelled a 2nd SIM with 14days and before activating. This was nearly 3months ago.

When i called i was told i can cancel with no charge. Great.
Bt then tried to take out an amount from my bank account for 2 Sims, my own and the one I cancelled. I got 2 return DD charges and then unauthorised overdraft charge on my bank.
I called again to bt. They asked which number am i enquiring about, i said my number as other had been cancelled. Bt then said the 2nd SIM had not been cancelled as requested and apologised. Bt then reassured me again that it would be cancelled.bt refunded my bt account for 2nd SIM BUT ON next bill.which was not clearly labeled as refund.
Bt was quite happy just to give refund only.
I then demanded bt pay bank charges, which after a while on phone they agreed, but because i had £27.50 outstanding balance, the £50 bank charge refund would reduce my outstanding balance to zero and £22.50 go to my bank account, i said no, i said i want the bank charges put straight to my bank account AND i want compensated for all the carry on.
Sooooo the next plan from BT was to screen shot my bank statement showing charges, send to resolution team in Liverpool and then they would refund direct to my bank. Done what by asked sent them screenshot.
Then by contacted me or i contacted them stating they will not pay charges as when i contact firstly to cancel 2nd SIM, it was after bill produced and payment process cannot be stopped. Which I was not advised by advisor. And that i should contact my bank for them to fill indemnity to claim back all charges. I said it's not the banks fault, it's bt's.
I then demanded a complaint be made, and calls listened to.
My phone service restricted 3times now. Because i WILL NOT PAY BT £27.50 UNTIL THIS COMPLAINT HAS BEEN DEALT WITH.
Customer care then listened to some not all calls and came back to me stating at no time did we say we would pay bank charges, i said yes you did. Listen to the calls.
So now customer care Liverpool are in process of listening into the first call i made to cancel second SIM, saying even if advisor does state i won't be charged that because the bill had been produced that the payment process can't be stopped. I said we'll the advisor should have stated that.

Today 21st may i call bt at 9am as following call from Liverpool customer care stating they would.give extension for 7 days to unrestrict my phone, that today my phone after just 2 days has been restricted. Spoke to advisor who stated because it's Sunday they cannot help me. I said customer care said 7day extension from Friday but it's been two days, customer care calling m e back on Monday, so can you please reinstate my service. Advisor said no, cannot do nothing as previous customer care(liverpool-friday) did not leave any notes regarding the extension. So i demanded the advisor to note that i am disgraced at the service, and that i have to wait till Monday for Liverpool customer care getting back to me.
I then ended the call, waited an hour called bt again, just 20mins ago. Got through to a nice advisor, whom, low and behold, unrestricted my service, as there is an ongoing complaint. Happy days.
So now i have to wait for customer care call tomorrow, and fight for what is very clear that bt are to blame for misadviseddme, poor customer service, not inputting notes on my account, not doing what they said they were doing and causing me to get £50 worth of charges, plus all this inconvenience, namely compensation.
Shocked isn't the word.

Your thoughts please.
0 Ratings
43 REPLIES 43
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 44

Re: Complaint about service

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Stevenmckinlay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 44

Thanks Keith, tbh i think its ofcom where I'm heading, had this carry on with Vodafone beginning last year, took 4months to sort out, eventually i won my case.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 44

Hi @Stevenmckinlay

Sorry you've expereienced these issues on cancelling the second sim.

I can see you're expecting a callback tomorrow, in the meantime if you send us in your details using the contact the forum mods link in my profile, we can help if the complaint continues.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Stevenmckinlay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 44

Can i see the contact the forum mods link in mobile view, can't seem to see the option in your profile.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 44

Hi @Stevenmckinlay

Will need to change to full view to see it.

Cheers

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Stevenmckinlay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 44

Ok done. Thanks for assistance, i hope customer care see's sense and get this mess sorted ASAP.

Cheers
0 Ratings
Stevenmckinlay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 44

Well surprise surprise, no call back, no voicemail. Nadda! Gonna have to call customer services and explain yet again. What a complete waste of my time.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 44

I would not contact Customers Services. You would be best to wait for the moderators to help you.

If you have replied to he moderators as per their link they will get back to you when your request reaches the top of their work stack. It normally happens within 48hours but they are busy at present and it is taking a bit longer.

Stevenmckinlay
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 44

Yes i done what the moderator asked. I honestly cannot be bothered with ally this.

Top tier bt customer care cannot keep to there word.

What hope do we have?

I shall await a miracle!
0 Ratings