cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
johndst
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Complaint after 2 failed phone orders, delay in installing and poor customer service

I wish to speak to someone in the UK as I am begining to consider cancelling my full order and moving to a company that makes it easy and accessible to get good customer care / uk call centres.

I placed an order for a bt line and broadband on the 7th January for completion on 22/01/2016.  This order was cancelled by BT due to the phone line being active (although dead tone in the house).

I placed a second order (and another credit check) with BT for an order that I subsequently advised to cancel this order to get an order to go through for BT infinity (at initial order it wasn't available but then it became available).  This order was placed with an activation date of the 29/01/2016.  I questioned if this order was likely to go through due to the existing phone line issue and was told it would go through no problems this time.  The advisor went to another department to check this before answering.  Unfortunatley the order didn't and the phone was cancelled again by BT.  I was then advised once again that the order had to be placed again, as this was standard procedure, despite the fact that 2 previous orders had failed and I found this very disappointing.

I bought the property in November and have now since moved in.  We now have an activation date for the 4th Feb, but the broadband can't be placed until the phone line is activated??? 

Over all I have raised a complaint with BT through email functions, asking for a representative from the UK to contact me and to my dismay I was contacted by an agent from an overseas call centre.  I have since tried 18 times to speak to someone in the UK to no avail via telephone or online chat.

Is it impossible to speak to someone in the UK from BT?

My issues with the oversea's call centres has so far been:

-Failure to call back as agreed

-Failure to pass me onto a supervisor

-Inability to reassure and engage well

We live in an area with very poor mobile signal and I was ordering BT well in advance to have us up and running for move in date.  To date I feel that I have not been listened to, that my complaint has not been resolved and that the customer service approach has been very poor.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Complaint after 2 failed phone orders, delay in installing and poor customer service

Hi @johndst

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forum!

I'm sorry for all the problems you've had getting services connected and for the agreed call backs that haven't materialised.  We are based in the UK and are happy to pick this up and help sort everything out for you from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
johndst
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Re: Complaint after 2 failed phone orders, delay in installing and poor customer service

And guess what has happened today?  Your phone order has been cancelled by BT.  What do I need to get services connected with BT?

I'm seriously now considering other options with providers today.  Therefore, yet again, BT has failed for the 3rd time to connect services for an order initially placed on the 7th January with an original connection date of 22/01/2016.

Why oh why is this so difficult?  I'm awaiting a call back from BT once again.  I'm hoping that this will be a UK agent. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

I suggest you take up RobbieMacs offer of help as the forum mods will take ownership of your problem and provide a single point of contact in the UK until fully resolved
0 Ratings
KMScot
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

@johndst. I've been waiting for reconnection since 20 Nov 2015. Contact the mods and they'll give you a UK based BT runaround experience.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

KMScot the mods most certainly do not do not give you the runaround as can be seen by their good results posted on the forum boards
0 Ratings
KMScot
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

@john46. Keep taking the tablets old boy.

3 Feb. No engineer visit. No servives reconneted. The usual call from BT wanting yo arrange a date for an engineer to visit (you could'nt make this stuff up). Said he'd phone back in 20 mins. That was nearly 3 hours ago. How do BT measure minutes, in dog years? Another week of this nonsense and it will be three months for a reconnection.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @KMScot,

Thanks for posting. We have offered to help you on your BT Third world services 4U thread but we haven't had any emails from you and certainly wouldn't give you the 'runaround'. If you want the moderators to stpe in then please complete and submit the contact the moderators link in my profile and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
johndst
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

I opted to take my business elsewhere.  I raised an email logged complaint using contact us and stated clearly that a UK representative was to deal with my complaint.  I've now had several calls from a Shruti, from overseas who hasnt been able to help with my complaint.  I wish BT would listen.

I have raised another complaint about the 4 credit checks I have had to go through for the next orders to go through.  I had a phone call again from Shruti to say that I could get my phoneline connected in 24 - 48 hours.  I was a bit surprised as it had taken 4 failed orders thus far.

Anyway, business gone elsewhere, line installed tomorrow.  Unfortunately with BT's mucking up my previous orders I am now waiting list for fibre, which was available when the orders were being placed.

BT has been horrendous.  One of the UK Mods did contact me.  Thanks, it was good to speak to someone in the UK, but all a shame it was too long in coming round.

Credibility must be affected as BT's service to me as a potential new customer has been appalling.  

Tags (1)
0 Ratings