Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tidymax
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Complaint regarding broadband lies!

Hi all.

Me and my girlfriend got our first house 6 months ago. I used to have virgin 60mb at my old house (lots of gaming and HD streaming), our new house is very rural and we couldn't get fibre.

I was faced with two options, slow broadband or a microwave connection. After lots of comparison websites and a failed attempt at using EE we opted for BT, i spoke with their advisors who told us fibre would be available within 2 months (the online checker said it would be available in 1 month) and that we could upgrade without having to pay a cancellation fee for the initial contract.

Alas, i went with BT, £27 per month for a phone line (we don't have a house phone) and broadband (1.2mb is my best recorded speed).

6 months down the line and my refresh button has worn out on the fibre checker availability site. I drove past our green box last week and there were 3 open reach vans!!!! Awesome! I pulled over and asked them what they were doing, uprgrading to fibre they said!! Woohoo! I check the website alas it says it can take up to 2 weeks to update!

So i send BT an email enquiring and i also ring them, both the reply and the phone reply said the same thing....

SEPTEMBER 2015

What a joke. I want to cancel my broadband as i am going to pay for a microwave package. I opened a dispute and sent them a complaint explaining exactly what i have detailed above and the complaints form said you will receive a response within 2 days. It is now 7 days. I opened an online chat this morning and explained to an advisor called Anoop who was very helpful and got them to ring me immediately. The sales woman who called had no idea why i had been put through to her but she looked up my incident number and then informed me its only been 7 days so i won't receive a response because they work on a 10 day turn around.

Which is ironic as my initial complaint was due to them blatantly lieing about a time frame. It turns out even the complaints form lies about time frames.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Complaint regarding broadband lies!

from your previouis posts the estimated dates were september 2015 so I cannoy understand how it came as a surprise.  BT Retail your ISP rely like all other ISPs on the openreach information and the wholesale checker   https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/New-customer-v-low-speeds-faster-to-connect-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tidymax
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

End of September 2014, not 2015.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

this is from the dslchecker results you posted last year

FTTC Range A (Clean) 60.1 43.2 16.8 10.7 -- 30-Sep-15
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 51.4 29.4 16.8 7.7 -- 30-Sep-15

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
tidymax
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Grim!

I hadn't even seen that date on the DSL checker. In my defence i will say that the availability checker online in no way stipulated the year, my girlfriend and i had both assumed when it gave the month it must of meant during the current year. Which i would assume the majority of the general population would also assume.

Also from the phone calls i had with BT when signing up to the package as mentioned they ALSO said it would be within one month, which either leads me to believe that the open reach infomation they have just gave them a month with no year attached or they were lieing.

Subsequently if i had notived the availability date column on the DSL checker you had asked me to run it would of been too late by that point too as i had already been duped.
0 Ratings