cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephayr
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Complaint

Ok i admit it, I left and went to Sky!!!

However, this is where my problems started and they haven't stopped since. I was told that I would have a final bill which I knew would be in credit within 3 days, then 5 days then 7 days then 14 days then 30 days and when I complained regarding the time I had spent on sorting this and about being fobbed off by various advisers, I was then told it was because I was on a quarterly billing cycle and it would be 3 months till i received  my refund that I got a more than a little fed up.

I spoke to an adviser in Ireland who suggested it was Skys fault and I should contact them, which I did, to be told by Sky exactly the dates they had informed BT of the take over of the line etc as per the standard procedures that are followed by all companies in these situations.

Recalled Bt to speak to a lovely lady who told me by LOOKING AT MY ACCOUNT that as my bill had been produced for the 3 months on the day I left that the system thought a bill had been produced and would wait for 90 days to produce a new bill and refund me though she could sort that changed it to 30 days and lo and behold refund came back.

I spoke to her supervisor, who i informed I was expecting recompense due to the time I had wasted on this issue when one person could sort it so quickly and he agreed that he would leave notes on my account to assist.

Again I call to inform BT that I was not happy with service and expected recompense due to wasted time and no notes on regarding complaint, livechat cannot sort and I have to WRITE to BT to complain as complaint line should be open to 8 and when you phone tells you it shut at 6.

You do wonder why I came back to BT in the first place!!!! 

Has anyone else had this issue, not just with call centres just following scripts or palming you off but clear lack of service???? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Complaint

stephayr wrote:

Has anyone else had this issue, not just with call centres just following scripts or palming you off but clear lack of service?

You don't have to dig very far into this forum (or most other providers' for that matter) to get the answer to that.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
StevenJLewis
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I've only had problems with offshore call centres
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I bought a business broadband and phone package last September 2016 and have since been unable to change passwords or my own business profile on my account. Before September I used BT services through a 3rd party that bought BT broadband packages and wholesaled BT broadband and phone to businesses. By using the 3rd party I did not have access to changing passwords (since my default email address was bundled with others so it seems) so after 5 years of wholesaled BT and for security reasons I called BT and they offered a direct with BT broadband business deal.  

Despite BT acknowledging in writing the default email address I wanted, BT did not inform me in any way that they could not pass on my own default business name address and instead they gave me an unasked for address using my own personal name with no reference in the email name to my own business. After many letters and emails to BT and direct calls to their customer services and business tech help I am still no better off since BT agree that they cannot provide the service I contracted for which was to use my previous default business email address and I am left with a business that has no business name in the BT default address. So 4 months on I cannot find anyone to contact within BT with any authority to discuss 4 months when I did not get all the benefits of the contract they sold me. 

I have gone round in circles on the BT website and there seems to be no direct line into the section that can deal with a contract gone wrong. I don't really want to call customer service again since having to explain the complaint over and over again only results in being referred back to tech help who are the first to agree that they can't change the situation for the better. Does anyone out there have a crystal clear telephone number that I can call and talk seriously with about this ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

This is a BT Residential customer forum.  If you are a business user you will need to post on the BT Business Forum.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings