cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Complaint

Go to solution

Hi

Please can someone advise how i raise a complaint.

The advisor i just spoke to said that i have to raise compliant online, however the complaint section asks me to call the number i originally phoned.

Thanks in advance.

Isaac

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Complaint

Go to solution

@ize 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Try https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/complaints

What is  the issue you are having, as one of the forum member may have some suggestions, or one of the moderators may offer to help?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution
Thank you.
This is the page i mentioned, that says to call the phone number i originally called, what i did and the advisor i spoke to sent me to that page.
Reason for my complaint is as follows: I was interested in moving from Sky tv to BT tv. I asked if i would have to renew my broadband into another contract (alongside tv subscription i was querying), as if so i won't place order yet (as i'm waiting till i get full fibre in my area) and was told broadband would not get renewed - so i placed order. I also asked if i can cancel my landline, but got told that as i wasn't renewing my broadband into another contract, i couldn't cancel landline. However the broadband got renewed, along with the landline.
Also i wasn't told that to get certain freeview channels, i would have to pay £30 to get an outside aerial, as certain channels i watch couldn't be viewed through the internet and these channels (other than sports) is what i spend my tv time watching.
I only received my order Tuesday, but have cancelled order and have arranged to send equipment back.
The whole thing has been a waste of time and very inconvenient. I understand the sales team maybe under pressure to sell and is probably why they are aggressive with their approach and why they were how they were with me, but i want a refund for the tv activation fee. As if the sales team were open with me from the start, i wouldn't of even placed the order.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

If you had ordered BT TV, and then cancelled after activation, then based on what have been posted before on this forum, the activation charge is not refundable.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
Fair enough, thanks for your advice. Just so i'm clear - is there is no way to raise a complaint online?
It's crazy that they can they can tell a blatant lie (to direct questions), to get you to place the order and cause all this inconvenience, but not get refunded.
I told the advisor, i wouldn't place the order if i had to renew my broadband and they said they wouldn't, but did.
Don't know why i should be punished, it's not like it was my mistake.
I will very careful if i use BT moving forward with anything.
Appreciate your support. Hope you have a good day.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Not sure about raising complaints online, but most people posting here, normally get their issue resolved, either by a forum member, or by one of the moderators.

You may find that other providers would not refund activation charges, as they had been paid to third party suppliers who actually do the work.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
Thanks for the link.
I've been told my tv will run till next Monday and i get that i have to pay for what i watch, is only fair.
But the activation / set up fee is different, as i wouldn't have even switched in the first place if wasn't lied to
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution
Ok mate.
The whole experience; from the advisor sending me here, when she could have took complaint over phone, sums my recent experience with their customer service / sales team - not honest.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @ize and welcome to the BT Community.

I am sorry you feel you were mis-sold based on the information you were given at the time you placed your order.  We'll be happy to pick up from here and resolve everything.

Just to be clear - a complaint should have been raised when you called and dealt with there and then.  I am sorry that didn't happen.  We will open and manage a complaint from here and will keep ownership until you're happy everything is fully resolved.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings