cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 12

Complaints about BT service

Hello, we have been waiting for weeks to get the internet sorted ever since we ordered the Broadband from BT. I have tried numerous times to contact BT for the updates but every single time BT operators gave me different answers with different stories. Which operator in the call center can I believe?  One from BT call centre told me the engineer from Openreach would come anytime till mid night that day and told me to wait, so I waited but the BT Broadband is not working the next day. Again, I called BT and there came a different staff said the Openreach engineer came but they had to re attend as they put a note on the system. So I waited for 3 days but still the Broadband is not working. So I called again and a staff from BT said it would be done within a week in a very rude way (he sounds Irish). After a week, the connection is not working at all with no surprise based on the previous experiences with BT call center and services, I made a call to BT but this time a staff there told me she couldnot find any notes in the system and that no engineers visited to install the Broadband. We are very disappointed and found it extremely unreliable that BT keeps putting the customer in the dark by giving me different stories and that I, as a customer, have to look into it like an inspector of the case. I phoned BT again for the faulty connection issue and this guy on the phone was very rude and refused to listen to what I was trying to tell him regarding the Broadband issue and he also stressed that there is no way that i can complain about him and asked me if i was recording him on the phone and told me being inconsiderate by telling him being so unprofessional in terms of his services and his attitude. It is my first time but last time to go for BT ever! Ridiculous service from BT call centre and staff was being so unreliable and rude to customers! 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Complaints about BT service

@Tessakura 

Is your phone line working?

What BT Broadband package did you order?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 12

We have the landline provided by BT in this property but never use it. The package is Broadband and landline. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

@Tessakura wrote:

We have the landline provided by BT in this property but never use it. The package is Broadband and landline. 

You need to check to see if its actually working, because if its not, you will not get broadband.

Is it standard broadband that you have ordered, or superfast broadband?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

but can you elaborate on the package  FTTP or more likely FTTC  (fibre to the cabinet) and then existing phone line to your home

if you phone works can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 12

We test the landline and it works. BT told us the engineer would need to come to connect the service in the cabinet on the day when we receive the package. Now a new message from BT saying that engineer has not attended at all. Apparently we are just given different answers everytime from BT. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

so was it fibre to cabinet and then existing phone line to your home for broadband

can you post stats from the dslchecker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

@Tessakura 

If you can provide the information that @imjolly  has asked for, then it may point to an issue with the cabinet being full and there is a waiting list.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 12

rsz_screenshot_20200414-163435_mh1586878605444.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 12

0 Ratings