cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StuartSS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Complaints procedure?

Could you please tell me what the complaints procedure is if I feel that BT are taking the micky out of me?

An order placed for Infinity in Mid May, for connection 1st June and subsequently been told about 8 different dates. Each time I ring, the automated service asks what the purpose of my call, I say Complaint, and get put through to an adviser but I'm getting nowhere. I was told a few weeks ago that the complaint has been escalated and a Manager has been assigned to it but nothing. Unless I ring after each new date passes, no one ever gets back to me.

The latest date is now 4th September which I know will come and go like all the other dates. In the meantime my discounted contract has run out and I'm being charged a lot more than I should be. For example my bills for May, June and July have been £50 ish whereas if I'd gone to Sky back in May I could have got their unlimited broadband package for £20 per month with a £75 prepaid credit card as part of their deal.

I want to stay loyal (and I want Infinity!) but there is a limit to how much I can put up with. Each time I ring, I'm told that they're relying on another contractor (I assume Openreach) and have no power over them. Why take the order in the first place. Do I need to go to Ofcom because I'm getting nowhere with BT?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
StuartSS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

BT Infinity date keeps being moved

Hi, I posted on here a couple months ago regarding my broadband being non existent during the evenings. Using the DSL Checker my phone line said "Waiting List" for Infinity so it was a case of grin and bear it. I was told to keep checking the DSL checker which I did, and sure enough after a few weeks it said "Available" so I was straight onto BT to order Infinity.

BT took the order and gave me a connection date of 1st June. My new BT Smart hub arrived the day before and I was hoping at long last to be able to use the internet during the evenings. On the 1st June around 7pm I received an email apologising for the delay but my connection was now going to be 5th June. Nothing happened on the 5th, no connection and no email so I contacted BT who then contacted Engineering who said that they found a fault on my line and the date will now be 9th June (today). 

I have been in touch with BT on the chat forum to verify that it's going to happen and they've contacted Engineering again who have now said that there are no available ports in the exchange and it can take between 5 days and 2 or 3 months?? In my case they've given me a new date (4th new date) of 29th June! Is there any way you can find out why this has happened and what the delay is? Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT Infinity date keeps being moved

@StuartSS I'm sorry about that, it sounds like there may be no capacity in the cabinet to connect you to the fibre network. What results do you get if you put your telephone number in this checker?

Make sure not to post your telephone number when replying.

0 Ratings
StuartSS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Infinity checker.JPG

0 Ratings
StuartSS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 17

It definitely said Available though when I placed the order, and BT confirmed to me over the phone that it was available ...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

@StuartSS It looks like the cabinet is full again. We've seen this happen before when our suppliers accept orders but the cabinet runs out of spare ports before the completion date.

If you send over your order info using the 'click here to contact the mods' link we'll chase this up for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
StuartSS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Ok thank you for your help. I've sent my order information via the contact the mods link.
0 Ratings
StuartSS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Do you have any contact regarding the updates on my online order? Nothing has changed on there since I was told things were going to change on 5th June. I've had 2 further dates given to me on the online chat since then when I chase them. They're not filling me with much confidence that things are progressing.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 17

At present it's 3-5 days for the mods to get back to you but rest assured they will. They are best placed to get you a definitive answer.

0 Ratings
StuartSS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Ok thank you

0 Ratings