Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Srdscott
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Completely at a loss and stressed with BT

Go to solution
I’ve been a customer of bt for over 2 years. I had by broadband which I was happy with. So much so I decided to opt for the full by service (tv, broadband and mobile). I took all of these together as each service discounet another. It was a great deal. As my broadband still had a few months to go I had to re entered a new 18 month agreement which I was happy with. A few months past without an issue. However, my bills starter shooting up (£30). I started to look through my account and it appeared that my broadband shot up. I called by and was told that as my broadband deal had ended I had to pay full price. As I said previous I signed up again for the deal. I even told bt I had the emails to show the contract I signed up for. They just would not listen to what I was saying. Eventually submitted I agreed to start the new contract, paying the full price for the previous month even though I should have been paying. Another month passed and the same thing happened this time it took even longer to tell my tale. Again, I had to sign up for broadband yet again. This time I received a credit for the previous months over charge. 3rd month became even more farcical. My bill was over double the last bill as they claimed I underpaid. The underpayment was the credit I was given. This time I was raging by this point. After over a combined total of 18 hours of phone calls I was passed from department to department with staff that didn’t understand what I was taking about or the others didn’t care!! I had had enough and told them to take everything back and cancel my account. I had to pay an over inflated final bill but it thought I can’t take anymore of this nonsense and paid. Now I’m getting a letter saying I owe the same amount of money to break my contract AGAIN and if I don’t pay my case will be sent to a debt collection agency. Can I take legal action on this as I can’t get anywhere with bt and their multiple non communicative departments? I’m no becoming ill over the past few months with this circus.
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Completely at a loss and stressed with BT

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

@Srdscottwrote:
As my broadband still had a few months to go I had to re entered a new 18 month agreement which I was happy with. A few months past without an issue. However, my bills starter shooting up (£30). I started to look through my account and it appeared that my broadband shot up.

When you took the BTTV service, did you renew the broadband at a new rate for 18 months ? because having BTTV means BT broadband is a requirement, so my guess is your broadband was renewed for 18 months but no new promotion was applied, which is why a few months later when the original promotion ended, you were then billed the standard rate without discount.

On your order confirmation for the BTTV service, does it also show you have a new promotion applied to the broadband separately with it's own ongoing monthly cost or does it simply state that you have renewed your broadband for 18 months ?

I hope you get it all sorted out though, good luck Smiley Happy

Srdscott
Beginner
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution
I’m unsure at what level the broadband was applied but what I can’t twll you is that on the same call I:

renewed my contract for 18 months of broadband with bt honouring £29.99.

Purchased mobile and tv

My email led contract confirms all of ithis.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Srdscott,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I am really sorry to see you have had such a tough time lately.  18 hours is a long time to be on the phone in total and I can definitely appreciate how that made you feel.

As you have been going round and round in circles and you're no further forward you can send us over your details and we'll give you a hand from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Srdscott
Beginner
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution
Hi there,
Under you’re photo there is no link. Only an unfriend button.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Srdscott,

If you click on my username you'll see the "Contact The Mods" link in the "About Me" section of my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Srdscott
Beginner
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution
Sorry I managed to cluck on your actual profile rather than the link to your profile and the message button appeared
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Srdscott I left a message for you, sorry I missed you. I replied to you via email as I need a few more security details before I can get this investigated further. Please get back to me when you can, and we'll get this all sorted out for you.

Thanks

Community ManagerStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thanks
0 Ratings
Nicha1984
Beginner
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution
Is there a way to contact you direct please?
0 Ratings