Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cherry76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Confused about who is the bt accound holder

Go to solution

I am a bit confused who is the account holder on my bt packages.  I thought it is my husband as the online bill is on his name.  The bank account is in joint names . As my husband is hard of hearing bt cs does not want to speak to me until my husband give his permission. I have set an online account with my username and in the bt profile it has recorded me as the account holder.  I just happened to check my settings and my profile. How do I find out who is the primary account holder?  Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Confused about who is the bt accound holder

Go to solution

There can only be one account holder. It will be the person named on the bill. 

It may be the case that you have set up the MyBT and have used your user name as the BTID  but it does not change who the actual BT account holder is.

See link.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45333/~/whats-the-difference-between-an-account-holde...

cherry76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks. Will have to ring BT to clarify as I am the account holder with all my details in my profile settings. There is no option to be the account manager. If my husband name was as account holder in my profile then I could add myself as account manager but I do not seem to be able to do it through settings. All I need is for sc to be able to discuss his account with me without having to talk personally to him. Is this possible? Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

If you call BT Customer Services they should be able to assist you.

I doubt you be able to change the account holders name unless there has been a mistake by BT when the account was set up but you should be able to be added to the account so that you can deal with matters in relation to the account.

You may need your husband to verify that doing the above is OK so you should make sure he is available to give his permission when you call.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @cherry76,

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the confusion with who is named as the account holder.  @gg30340 is spot on here.  We can't change the account holder's name unless it was a spelling mistake for example.  You can however go through our validation process and be added on to the account as a contact and deal with different aspects on your Husband's behalf (going through different types of validation depending on the scenario).

Keep us posted how you get on chatting with our customer service team on the phone.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
cherry76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Have spoken to CS he did the verification with my husband and he will put a note in his file. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@cherry76

That's awesome.  Glad you got this sorted out!

Cheers,

Robbie