cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Confusing Bill

I understand the big price on my bill. Its the timing I’m extremely baffled on. Im new to BT. So my first bill is on the end of this month, and its for the box and stuff. I understand that. So after that I have been told my next proper big bill is ISSUED on February 6th and they will take the big PAYMENT on the 14th February. So thats my first big monthly payment which Im fine with. Now, in the usage page on the My BT app, it states my next usage bill is ISSUED on the 21st February. Right now its at £0. But it says that my fibre is unlimited, and my Big Sport usage period ends on the 21st February.

So what actually does this mean and how much am I actually paying because I thought it was only the big monthly payment on the 14th every month and that includes the Big Sport Package? Do I get charged the more I watch BT/Now sports after said date even though I wanted it on my BT TV package? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Confusing Bill

BT bill in advance so if this is your first bill, it will be slightly out of sync and be for partial billing amounts. Only PPV or purchases through BT Player are billed in arrears.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Yeah I get that bills are told before you pay them. I just don't get the usage part of the app. I’m not sure after the 21st February my Big Sports package runs out or that i start to pay more the more i watch this package.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I think bills are ran around that date and payment is collected 10 days later as per the Direct Debit guarantee.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@MadDawgPJ I'm sorry for any confusion, with BT you only get one bill per month.

The BT TV plan is flexible and you can switch between the TV packages once every 30 days during your 24 month contract. I can only guess without seeing your account info, but I think what you're looking at is the date that you can choose to switch to a different TV pack if you want.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

No worries. So BT don't charge me for watching my already owned packages on my BT TV box the more I watch? It does say my usage bill is £0 but I'm just making sure because the confusion. And my Big Sports wont be touched come the 21st Feb?
0 Ratings