Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katellockley
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Conned by BT's new customer promotional lies, Sainsbury's voucher - furious

Hi guys

I'm hoping that you can possibly help resolve this issue for me which is driving me crazy. 

I'm a member of the cashback site Topcashback and use it successfully all the time.  On August 6th I received an email from Topcashback purely about a sign up offer for new customers with BT.  Up to £240 cashback and a £125 Sainsburys gift card voucher.  My husband was desperate to get BT Sport and whilst our contract with Sky wasn't quite up so the offer seemed too good to pass up. The next day we went through all the different packages BT offer and chose the one we wanted, and we went ahead and switched.  We even encouraged my mother and father in law to switch from Sky too as the offer was so good.  The switchover went smoothly and the cashback of £136.50 tracked immediately. However, we then received an email saying our £50 voucher would be on it's way soon.  We queried this immediately and were told that we were only entitled to £50 because we hadn't chosen BT Infinity.  The odd thing is, even if we had, we would've only been eligible for a £100 voucher, no mention of £125.  However on the Topcashback site there'd not been any mention of £50 OR £100.  The only figure mentioned was £125 regardless of the package you chose.  So from here on in, nearly 2 months, we've been having an email exchange every other day with people that don't read our emails and don't answer our questions.  We have provided screenshots of the promotion that we clicked through from on Topcashback, we have provided an email confirmation from Topcashback themselves reiterating what the promotion was at the time of our sign up and yet we are still being lied to that the offer was for a £50 voucher.  We've rang up and spoken with numerous people including Chris **Edited** who we were informed had authorised the issuing of the £125 voucher and so we thought this was the end of it.  My husband rang up later that day and someone read these notes back to him and so we waited for our voucher to arrive.  And when it did, guess how much it was for??  Yep, £50.  Literally we were livid.  Another phone call later, this time to Rachel **Edited**, who told us there was no mention on the log of anything about £125 being authorised.  She asked me to email her all of the screenshots which we did.  She confirmed during this phone call receipt of the emails and she advised that she would send this off to the management team who would investigate and call me back.  Not an email response, a phone call.  Still waiting.  A week later my husband spoke with a lady called Wendy (for 40 minutes) who was helpful and went through the same process.  She filled in a form which she said would go to a higher team and a senior manager would call me within 48 hours.  This was September 24th.  It is now October 8th and guess what?  Still waiting.  We feel completely conned into signing up to something that in all honesty, hasn't been that great.  We've had to upgrade an additional cost to unlimited which we never had to do at Sky.  And we've not been given something we were promised.  It was fully advertised and we simply cannot understand how every single person we contact at BT can argue that we are wrong when we have screenshots and email proof of the offer we signed up to.  Not only is this annoying, it's embarrassing as we've 'conned' my husband's parents into this too and now they're wondering where their £125 voucher is.  We are mortified.  Those vouchers were helping us pay for Christmas.  I'm on maternity leave and literally every penny helps us.  

Please please can you look into this for us as we are so angry and are sick of literally wasting our time emailing and ringing people who either don't listen or read it properly or make false promises to follow it up.  We can't attach the screenshots and email from Topcashback because it's saying the files are too large.  However if you are able to reply to my email address we can send it on to you then no problem.  We are also trying to get this resolved for my husband's parents who as I say are in the same boat and are nearly 70 so aren't confident with forums etc.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Conned by BT's new customer promotional lies, Sainsbury's voucher - furious

Hi katellockley,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry that the value of the Sainsbury voucher you received isn't the amount you agreed to when signing up.  Send us over your details and we'll look into it from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
katellockley
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi Robbie,

I've already done this before posting on the forum - have you got it?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi katellockley,

You will need to send in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in the "About me" section of my profile.

This will send your details through to the forum moderation email queue.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
katellockley
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Hi Paddy

Is this the 'send private message' tab? I can't see anything else that lets me contact you. This is what I've already done however...

Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

sending PM to mods does not work  you need the contact us link like this

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
toony71
Message 7 of 7

I too have been conned by this promotion, signed up through quidco,to £125.00 BT Rewards voucher got a £50.00 sainsburys voucher, sent an email they repilied saying that it was correct for the time of my order which was a load of nonsense as the date they gave me for my order was week later than I had actually ordered it. I am still waiting a response from my second scathing email but I do not hold any hope. Also the service we have received has been nothing short of abysmal, we have received wrong installation dates, disconection and re conection, no premium channels when they were paid for, incorrect billing( a first bill for over £414.00 (included was a charge of £130.00 for a new line installition, something we were told we would not need), all resolved I may add, but had to phone Bt many times, (some of which I had too hang up as I could not understand the person on the other end of the phone call) at a cost to myself of £25.00 (also reimbursed). I do hope Bt take notice of these forums and do something about their service because as of right now therre seems to be lot of unsatisfied customers.

0 Ratings