cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PlenoOrgano
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Consistant lies from BT staff and 'Indian Telecomm' staff

Is it a requirement for employment with BT or IT (see above) to be able to lie constantly and then deny that you have said anything. I have several disputes running with BT/IT and each time they answer the phone it results in further lies and disruptions to normal life. Order placed for Infinity which I then cancelled because of another dispute. The 'manager' did not cancel the order properly so when I came to re-order (at a lower price) I couldn't because an order already existed. When that order was finally cancelled, the price had gone up to an even higher amount so I did not re-order. Meanwhile a BT Home Hub 5 arrived in the post.(I will be charging BT rental for the space it is taking up before they collect it).

BT/IT cancelled my direct debit because the account is in dispute over an engineering issue. "It is an automated system and the only way we can NOT collect the amount from the bank is to cancel the D/D". INCORRECT, a direct debit is a request from BT to the bank to obtain money from my account. It can be suspended. "There will be no follow up letters sent out because WE have cancelled the D/D". The very next week a threatening letter arrived from Warren BUCKLEY, managing Director, Customer Service about the cancellation. Why do BT staff feel it so necessary to lie and then deny their actions?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Consistant lies from BT staff and 'Indian Telecomm' staff

Hi PlenoOrgano,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'll take a look at this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with your details. You'll get the 'contact us' form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

I have a nice BT phone with a little button at the bottom labelled record. It saves many arguments as I keep MP3 copies and use a programme to convert to text so I can add to email

I have not used it with BT (yet) but I have had 100% success dealing with other nationalised industries. I expect they have a little note on their database "Watch out he records" and yes I do tell them I am recording as required by the telecomms act.

0 Ratings
PlenoOrgano
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Have tried to reply to your PM but the system says "DavidM does not have Private Messaging enabled". 

How am I supposed to reply to you...another example of BT lies, either system or person, I don't know which to believe any more!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

You can only reply via the tracked e-mail message you get from the forum moderation team, once you get the initial reply, after filling in the contact form which looks like this.

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
PlenoOrgano
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

And how do I find this 'Tracked email' form in order to fill it in?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Click on the moderator's name then you will see this.

Contact.jpg

0 Ratings
PlenoOrgano
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Having spoken to one of the 'Moderators' I am able to confirm what was said in my original post. BT must be the only company in the country, Nay, the WORLD which has a computer which requires no human intervention, i.e. it programs itself. The computer cancelled my direct debit, and I must set it up again or pay an exorbitant charge to pay by debit card etc. The computer refunded my years in advance line rental with no human intervention. Clever machine. The only saving grace, I have a free Home Hub 5 which I can keep...its no use anyway becaise I don't have infinity now because it has been cancelled!

Still no explanation as to why they feel it necessary to lie so much!

0 Ratings