cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Constantly asking for username and password after I have already setup a pin, and allowed biometric

Why is the MyBT app constantly asking for username and password after I have selected a pin and allowed biometric logins?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Constantly asking for username and password after I have already setup a pin, and allowed bio...

Good morning @Guitarslingingmick.

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the BT Community.

Once you've set a PIN this should definitely stick, how often will you usually leave between logins?

Also if there have been any updates to the app in the time between uses, then it will sometimes require you to log in with your full details.
Peter

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Re: Constantly asking for username and password after I have already setup a pin, and allowed bio...

I usually use the app when we're experiencing WiFi dropout at home (which is very frequent- multiple times a day), so I maybe opening the app, checking speeds etc. the  repeating the same evening and that's when it happens. On ocassion, I've experienced it within ten minutes.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Thanks @Guitarslingingmick, that definitely doesn't sound quite right. 

What model of phone is it you're logging in from, and are both this and the app version fully up to date?

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Samsung Galaxy a52 s 5G phone, fully up to date update-wise, as is the app. The issue has been continuing for the last four years! BT seems to just ignore it, I can't help thinking that it's part of the jigsaw!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Cheers @Guitarslingingmick, have you been using the same device this whole time? 

This setting can differ depending on what phone you're using, but if you go into your phone's main settings app and select the My BT app, can you see an option for 'Clean Cache before restart'?

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

There isn't an option for that, but I can use the 'clear cache' option. I haven't ever done it before though.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Thanks for checking that @Guitarslingingmick, if you clear the cache this will definitely prompt you to log in fully again so don't do this. 

When you check the app permissions, can you see anything here that may be preventing it from storing the settings that you select when choosing to set up a PIN?
Peter

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Nothing obvious. The fact that I only tend to use the app when we're having trouble with the WiFi makes me think that the two problems are possibly linked. The other thing that seems odd is that when it does ask me for the username to log in, the "your WiFi network" option has the little purple "new" label suggesting that the facility is new, which it isn't. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

If possible, can you please try downloading the app to a different device and log in on there @Guitarslingingmick?

Whilst we certainly can't rule it out, this sort of issue is more likely to be linked to a device setting rather than the account / service itself.

Peter

0 Ratings