Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Md0h
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Continued BT billing errors

Go to solution

Hello,

First, I will give you a little summary of my time with BT so that you understand my anger with them (YOU) at this point.

I have been a BT line rental customer for a very long time and in Decmember 2013 I signed up to BT Broadband when Sky bought over BeThere/o2 boardband and pretty much ruined my excellent ADSL service.

From Day one, BT Broadband had been nothing but trouble. connection errors, 99.9% speed drops for 5hrs a day (8Mbps to 0.01Mbps).

for 7 months I battled to convince BT support that this was their problem and nothing to do with anything at my end.  Finally they agreed to send me engineers and those engineers alone with second line support agreed that it was their end but could do nothing to fix the issue that was completely non existant when I was with an LLU operator.  I rely on fast consistant broadband for my job and this really effected my work as well as my health as I had to wait until the middle of the night to able to transfer files across the web.

So BT agreed to release me from my contract so that I may go back to another provider, which I have since done using the MAC code supplied by BT. This was in July 2014.  My connection went live (23rd July) and it was perfect with no slowdowns, nothing and has been since. 

I thought this was the end of my horrendous experience with unskilled BT support call centres but no...

I found out, when checking my statements, that i was still being charged for BT Broadband services 3 months after my connection was terminated!

after 85mins (yes thats right its not a type-o, over an hour) on the phone to various Call centre agents, including one that tried to convince me that I still had BT broadband saying "I do this all day" which prompted me to loose my temper.  The cancelations team finally sorted this problem and credited my account with the miss-charged amount (some £40 odd, cant recall the exact ammount off hand).

AS OF TODAY.

My bill came through today, yet again its wrong.  I have a £30 cease of service charge!?  This should only happen if I cease my broadband and DO NOT move to another supplier!! I moved to XILO with the MAC code BT supplied!

I am not spending another 85mins on a phone to someone that’s completely incompetent to have this refunded so I am hoping someone on the forum team will be able to make a better job of sorting this mess out as it was the forum team that eventually sorted my broadband problems and had it cancelled.

I am at the end of my rope with BT, it is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Its fast approaching a year of trouble and its just one thing after another!

I want my £30 back on my account and I will be leaving BT completely by the end of the year as Virgin is now installing cables in my street as we speak.  I will never be coming back.

I have paid £100s to a company that can't even get simple billing tasks correct.  If the company I work for behaved like this they would have gone bankrupt years ago.  BT are lucky that they have so many people stuck with no other option but to use their service (service, HA!).

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Continued BT billing errors

Go to solution

Hi Mdoh,

Reading your post, it does sound like you have been through a bit of a nightmare recently. I would like to take a look at the details of your complaint. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Md0h
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

What details do i need to send? Just my acc number?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Just fill in all of the details requested on the form, which looks like this.

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Md0h
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

A Bit delayed as I forgot to check for a reponse. Filled in the form today.

I have my Virgin install date as the 22nd Nov 14 so I will no longer be a customer after that date. 

Hopefully this will be refunded before then so I can close my account.

0 Ratings
Md0h
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I'm back. No longer a BT customer, yet you lot wont go away. 

I am now being chased for disconnection charges that I dont owe as I haven't been in contract since July 2014!!

A joke of a company.

I am not calling one of your call centres to sort this as I don't have time to sit on the phone for hours explaining to someone in another country why im not in contract and why I don't owe any money for the Nth time.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Md0h,

That's not good at all. If you use the contact the mods link in my profile to send in your details we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Md0h
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
The forum and its staff are the only good thing about BT. Shame its services and general customer service is so shamefully awful. That's why i left.

Will email now.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Md0h,

Looks like this is sorted. I just had to get the correct credits and a revised bill sent. I’ve dropped you an email confirming that.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings