cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Contract Ending

Contracts:

My contract with BT ends in a few days. I have always felt that it was expensive and perhaps I have been paying more than I should have. I’m wondering whether to switch as there seem to be so many new customer deals on the market.

All the best deals with BT appear to be for new customers rather than loyal customers even though BT claim “We promise you'll never pay more than a new customer when you renew your contract. No exceptions” But if that’s the case why are there cheaper BT deals for “new customers only?”

My current BT package is Fibre with Halo2 and Complete Wi-Fi 66Mb - 73Mb / Download speed 16Mb - 18Mb / Upload speed 60Mb Stay Fast Guarantee / £60.34* a month / Home Tech Experts / Keep connected promise / Double mobile data (no use as I can’t get EE here) / Price promise

• Broadband Package: £60.34
  • Unlimited Minutes Calling Plan: £7.39
  • Voicemail with BT Call Protect: £3.69
  • Monthly total: £71.42

I can upgrade to Fibre Halo3 with Complete Wi-Fi 66Mb - 73Mb / Download speed 16Mb - 18Mb / Upload speed 60Mb Stay Fast Guarantee / £2.65* extra a month / Your new monthly price will be £62.99 / 24 month contract / Keep the same monthly price when your contract ends / Complete Wi-Fi / Home Tech Experts / Keep Connected Promise / Price promise / Double mobile data (no use as I can’t get EE here)

• Broadband Package: £62.99
  • Unlimited Minutes Calling Plan: c£15.00
  • Monthly total: c£81.68

Or I can upgrade to Fibre Halo3+ 66Mb - 73Mb / Download speed 16Mb - 18Mb / Upload speed 60Mb Stay Fast Guarantee / £5.00* extra a month / Your new monthly price will be £65.34 / 24 month contract / Keep the same monthly price when your contract ends / Hybrid Connect (no use as I can’t get EE here) / Complete Wi-Fi / Home Tech Experts / Full Fibre promise / Keep Connected Promise / Price promise / Double mobile data (no use as I can’t get EE here)

• Broadband Package: £65.34
  • Monthly total: c£84.03

BTs Loyalty Dept have offered the following 24 month contract:

• Fibre Halo3+: £53.99 (I’m assuming that this will be the same as the Halo 3+ Broadband Package above)
  • Monthly total: £72.68

I find all of this a bit like wading through treacle 😉 can anyone offer any advice/tips? How do these prices/packages compare with other BT prices/packages? Are the offers good/poor? Has anyone renewed recently and wished they’d done it differently?

All help welcome (please keep it simple!) - many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Contract Ending

I renewed recently through MyBT and my offer for Fibre 100 with Halo 3 was £44.99 per month. I don't have any calling plans but I considered this a fair offer.

Tbh all companies have an introductory discount for new customers and judging an offer as to whether it value for money is down to your individual opinion.

My offer also stated it was £3 less than a new customer rates.

I also rarely wait until my contract ends and check MyBT every couple of months and if there's a good offer, I'll recontract. Doing it this way, I'm actually paying the same as when I joined BT 7 years ago and sometimes get free stuff for renewing.

Message 3 of 19

@MillyMollyMandy1 

That offer still seems a little dear to me.

I agree the best BT deals seem to always be for new customers.

I would not even think about renewing a BT contract that was over £80 a month.

Unlimited mins seem ok thats if you are making a lot of calls on your phoneline.

I would tell BT you have been thinking of looking at broadband packages elsewhere and seem of they can drop your price by another £2 or £3.

I renewed 18 months ago and managed to get FTTC 2 for the some price as FTTC 1 was at that time. Only after I said I had been looking elsewhere at other FTTC broadband deals to compare prices and if they could not try and match the price i would think of moving was put though to 3 different BT departments before I got the deal I said in my post.

Member if the prices you are given the now will go up a little come March/April when BT put there prices up.

Also think if your really need complete wifi. 

I myself are gong to be looking at my BT broadband FTTC options come the end of this year when my contracts are nearly up.

Message 4 of 19

To cut through this new customers stuff, it's the opposite on halo packages, new customers are at least 65.99 pm for halo 3=

garybs29_0-1641980496432.png

Message 5 of 19

Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Since you are on a Halo package you can just let things continue as they are without re-contracting and pay the same amount. The phone and email are classed as add ons and should be on a monthly basis which your broadband would be on once the contract ends.

Message 7 of 19

Thank you for your reply.

What is the difference between Fibre 100 and Complete Wi-Fi (other than c£20 per month?!!)

Regards

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Conrad

Thank you for your response.

Do you mean if I do nothing things will continue as they are without a contract?

I'm not certain things would continue exactly as they are as BT have informed me that Halo 2 is no longer available and the unlimited calls price has about doubled - so I'm informed 😞

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Halo 2 is not available to new customers but under its original terms you should get it under the price promise when you first took it out.

The unlimited calls price has doubled but you may not be  recontracting your call plan so you aren't going to trigger anything yet. The 700 minutes plan is £7.31.

You need to check if your call package is monthly - if not then it is likely the system may automatically put you on the £15 rate but you can easily change that.

Message 10 of 19

Conrad

Thank you for your reply.

I pay for my calls monthly - Unlimited Minutes Calling Plan: £7.39 - do you mean as I pay monthly it should remain the same price? (I prefer to stay on unlimited minutes rather than the 700 minutes)

If so my best option, if I stay with BT, looks to be to do nothing and let everything continue just the same.

Current BT package is Fibre with Halo2 and Complete Wi-Fi 66Mb - 73Mb / Download speed 16Mb - 18Mb / Upload speed 60Mb Stay Fast Guarantee / £60.34* a month / Home Tech Experts / Keep connected promise / Double mobile data (no use as I can’t get EE here) / Price promise

• Broadband Package: £60.34
  • Unlimited Minutes Calling Plan: £7.39
  • Monthly total: £71.42

Thank you.

0 Ratings