cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Contract NPF BT Mobile Family charge on my bill

Just checking my latest bill and it shows  a one off charge of  £33.51 as Contract NPF BT Mobile Family. I have recently changed from a sim only mobile contract to 2 mobile phone contracts so got 2 handsets and 2 contracts, they have been charged for seperatley on the bill, and can't find  out what the above means, any ideas? Thank you

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Contract NPF BT Mobile Family charge on my bill

Looks like an early termination fee from a previous sim only plan, give the billing team a ring, if it's incorrect they'll refund you.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks I was thinking that, just didn't know what NPF meant? thanks

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 6

It's the name of a promotion used internally by BT, means nothing of importance.
Did you maybe have a 3rd sim or was one ceased then replaced with another ?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I was in a contract with just a sim with an extra family sim and then decided I needed a new phone so brought one from them with a new contract and another phone. So yes I think it would have ended the first sim only contract to start the new one, but was never told anywhere there would be a charge for doing it, so will try and contact them tomorrow, thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 6

If that existing sim was regraded to a handset or another sim, there wouldn't be a charge.
If the sim was ceased, so you could order a brand new service with a new number, then it would raise a charge for ceasing that sim early.

0 Ratings