cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Contract Renewal

Go to solution

So my contract was up on 15th December I have been on fibre2 then halo 2 for around 10yrs with a damaged line that never went above 25mbps downloads(should never have been put on fibre2). My line has finally been dug up and fixed and my max is now 36mbps so I rang the loyalty team to see if I can have fibre 1 as that is all my line will support. But all they can offer me is halo 3+ £65.99, halo 3 complete wifi £47.80 or halo 3 for the same price i pay now £43.80. If I want fibre 1 it will cost me £52.49 but if I was a new customer it is £33.99 so much for loyalty😡 

Mike

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Contract Renewal

Go to solution

Sorted it I contacted an online advisor called Craig who was a lot more helpful than the lady I rang on the loyalty team. He has sorted fibre 1 out for me for the online price of £33.99 per month for 24months 👍

Mike

Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @mikejay97,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Well that's just great BT have put me on a broadband only contract by the looks of things  and just got rid of my land line just as everyone's gone home. so I can't contact anyone. I spoke too soon about my deal what a joke no landline all over christmas now and probably lost my home number I have had for 12yrs.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Are you sure they have not just moved you over to BT Digital Voice, as that is now the default on contract renewal? Broadband and phone are now two separate parts of the order, and normally if you renew online, you would need to specify that you wanted to retain your phone service.

Do you have a Smart Hub 2?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Yes got smart hub 2 as was on halo 2 never asked them to get rid of my landline thats why I asked for the £33.99 fibre 1 package which is the landline option. Nothing was mentioned about my landline so thought they would have understood when I asked for the same deal a new customer would get for fibre1 and landline. Said they had done me a deal and first bill will show £52.49 but then a discount would bring it down to £33.99. So knocking £18.50 off but in reality they got rid of my phone line which i think is £21 a month to add back on now. I made contact with someone from Bt on facebook who rang me and said they will do best to sort and have tried to reserve my number.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Your phone connection in future, will be via the phone socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2.

There is not a £21 reduction for not having a phone connection, as broadband includes line rental but not a phone connection, which I think is just an extra £5, and is delivered using BT Digital Voice, as the analogue phone network is closing down.

On renewal of contract, customers will be moved to Digital Voice, if a phone connection is still required.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

So I was on halo2@£44.80 per month with a landline that I have had for 12yrs at this address and been a landline customer of bt for like 25yrs. I ask to have my package reduced from halo 2 to fibre1 with land line at £33.99 same as a new customer first they refuse on the telephone and only offer me it for £52.49. Then I contact the webchat person as I am about to leave and go with plusnet he tells me he will get that new customer price for me but 1st it will show as £52.49.  So if they don't do landlines now only digital why offer 2 prices one broadband only 1 broadband and phone and say if you need a landline for things like alarms which  I do need  get broadband and phone? And I can add phone line to my service now  for £21.10 so  if i did I would save £2.60 on the cost of getting the combined price they first offered of £52.49

nophone.JPGwith pjone.JPGnow.JPGcall.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

if you have the SH2 have you tried connecting a phone to the phone socket on back of hub to see if you get a dial tone?  you may need to remove the sticker first

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings