cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Contract and bt essentials

Go to solution

When I joined by in December I didn't know by essentials was a thing. I'm now in a 24 month contract. Is it possible to swop down to essentials without any penalties? I just didn't know it existed 🥺

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Contract and bt essentials

Go to solution

if you had used forum search you would have found a very recent similar post

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Cant-downgrade-to-BT-Essentials/m-p/2214892#M142324

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I did do a forum Search and did not come across this post. Everything I read was explaining what it was and not my specific query. Thanks for your condescending answer. I won't bother asking next time.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

if you open link to other post then @-Richie-  answers your question of whether you can move to home essential even though you are currently in a 24 month contract

you can also go into a EE/BT shop and get help with ordering home essentials

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/02/bt-make-home-essentials-broadband-plan-available-on-hi...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hello @Scarletstripes  yes you can move to Home Essentials at anytime without penalty.

If you have a Halo package or Complete Wi-Fi you will lose the benefits of that plan and need to return any extra equipment that comes with it  (Complete Wi-Fi discs for example) but the reurns bag will be sent with no cost to yourself.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@Scarletstripeswrote:

Thanks for your condescending answer. I won't bother asking next time.

Don't take any offence because none was intended, It can be hard to show emotion in a text based conversation but @imjolly  is a very active here and a very helpful person, if you have any other questions just post back 🙂

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@-Richie- wrote:

@Scarletstripeswrote:

Thanks for your condescending answer. I won't bother asking next time.

Don't take any offence because none was intended, It can be hard to show emotion in a text based conversation but @imjolly  is a very active here and a very helpful person, if you have any other questions just post back 🙂

👍

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I was recently told that I can leave BT home essentials by giving 30 days notice but I have looked everywhere and can't find this, does anyone else have any idea. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

this may help

https://www.bt.com/terms/home-essentials

0 Ratings