cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Contract ending, new package offer: hang on though...

Go to solution

My contract is coming to an end and I'm asked to look at the offers available to me. At the bottom of the list of both the package I have now and the package I'm being offered is the line 'Price Promise: your monthly price stays the same when your contract ends'.

And Halo1, which I currently have, specifically states 

'Our price promise

Your bill won’t go up when your contract ends, and you’ll never pay more than a new customer.'

So. Why then is the new offer £8 more expensive than the package I have now?

Can somebody from BT please explain this?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Contract ending, new package offer: hang on though...

Go to solution

Because you are entering into a new contract. The price promise is when your present contract ends. It does not say "and when you take out a new contract on a new package".

You are best to call BT Renewals on 0800.800.030 and negotiate a new deal that suits you. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Then why would I bother to take out a new contract?

Best to stay on the £8 less 'price promise' I already have... 

Came to forum as big red box on screen with plea not to phone them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

It's ok to phone that number as they are dealing with contract renewals. You can see what deal you can negotiate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Fabaocalypse wrote: 

Then why would I bother to take out a new contract?  Because the package you are presently on might no longer suit you. or you may get some additional items on a new contract such as more BTCloud space etc

Best to stay on the £8 less 'price promise' I already have...  If that suits you then that is what to do.

Came to forum as big red box on screen with plea not to phone them. That is in relation to routine run of the mill stuff on the 150 number. The number I gave you is for renewals and does not have any great delays. It is worth calling them. You may get a better deal and if not just stay as you are. Nothing to lose either way.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Cool ok thank you!

I was mightily confused.

0 Ratings