cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Contract extension by one month

Go to solution

Good evening,

My BT contract is coming to end in April this year. Due to unforeseen circumstances I need to extend my contract by one month. Would any of you know if a one month extension would be possible? Thank you. 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Contract extension by one month

Go to solution

You don't need to extend your contract as it will continue to run on a month by month basis and you can leave giving a month's notice with no penalties 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you, I do appreciate your help. My BT contract is ending on 7th April. In order for it to run until 7th May, I need to contact BT on 7th April to give them one month notice, is that right? Sorry I am trying to get it clear in my mind. I don't wish to be tied into another two year contract. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

@Danni162 

There is no need to contact BT, you will simply carry on with your existing service, but may lose any discounts you may have as part of your original contract.

If you are planning to leave BT, then you can do without any penalty once your contract ends. Just give them 30 days notice. If you are moving to a different provider, then you do not need to do anything, as you new provider will inform BT.

Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you Keith. I just need to get this clear in my head. My contracts ends on the 7th April, long story but I can't choose another Broadband provider until May. So after my BT contract ends in April, I don't need to do anything. My BT contract will basically turn into a rolling contract from month to month until I switch over to my new provider in May. Is this correct? Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

@Danni162 

You are correct.

Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you Keith, greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

If your new supplier is Virgin or one of the new fibre alt nets that don't use the Openreach network, you will need to cancel with BT.   However, for the sake of one months rental, I wouldn't cancel until your new service is up and running.

If your new service is with a supplier that uses the Openreach network, as @Keith_Beddoe  says, there is no need to cancel.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

@Danni162 just also be aware that your monthly price may increase once your contract ends!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

As pointed out in message 4. It's hardly going to be a fortune for one month in any case.