cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 26

Contract or No Contract

I think it likely that my time on this board is limited.

I thought I should clear up one fundamental misconception that one experienced member took issue with me over a BT contract.

My contract with BT has expired, I know it and BT knows it and doesn't dispute the fact. There is no legal way that I can then have another contract set up without my knowledge or agreement. If BT tries to suggest this in my own dispute then they will lose the argument. I concede that I am subject to their standard terms and conditions but to suggest that this represents a new contract is contrary to law. The law is clear and specific on this point.

If this simple legal fact is unacceptable to this forum then I will bid you all Adieu and take my advice elsewhere.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: Contract or No Contract

You clearly fail to understand the difference between a discounted long term contract and a non discounted rolling one month contract that the discounted contract reverts to at the end of the discounted period.

You are in contract

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 26

I'll let you know.

Meanwhile, anyone wishing to serve a Subject Access Request on BT should use this address supplied by BT

British Telecommunications plc

EH4C

Eldon House

Charter Row

Sheffield

S1 3EF

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

Good luck, it's best to get your facts right first.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 26

@PatienceLostwrote:

I think it likely that my time on this board is limited.

I thought I should clear up one fundamental misconception that one experienced member took issue with me over a BT contract.

My contract with BT has expired, I know it and BT knows it and doesn't dispute the fact. There is no legal way that I can then have another contract set up without my knowledge or agreement. If BT tries to suggest this in my own dispute then they will lose the argument. I concede that I am subject to their standard terms and conditions but to suggest that this represents a new contract is contrary to law. The law is clear and specific on this point.

If this simple legal fact is unacceptable to this forum then I will bid you all Adieu and take my advice elsewhere.

Your contract with BT ends when they no longer provide you service, if BT are providing a service, you agree to pay for that service, there is a contracted agreement still in place, BT will keep providing the service until asked not to or BT terminate it for breaching the terms (non-payment for example).

BT have a minimum term but there is no maximum term, a minimum term typically includes a discount but not always, when a minimum term ends the service will continue, you just pay the standard price until you ask BT to stop providing that service and give 30 days notice to end the agreement.

BT won't enter you into a new minimum term without you or your representative agreeing to do so.

I'm not sure where the confusion lies with this, it's a standard agreement common with almost all suppliers of a service and/or product.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 26

I have never believed in luck and the comments have helped me.

If a contract exists then I will be able to get a copy under my Subject Access Request. I'll add it to the list.

A contract does not exist as a notional concept. I am legally trained and I have been down this path several times before.

It would have been an inexcusable omission for me not to include it. Any more suggestions will be welcomed and my thanks to the contributor who suggested it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 26

You could be legally trained in many things.  Are you trained in contract law because if you are it does not appear that you have grasped the concept.

As I posted on the other thread you have been proclaiming on, can you tell me which ISP including BT who will supply you with a broadband, phone connection without you entering into some sort of contract.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 26

I still don't understand what your post is about ? what's upset you so much ?

Stating your legally trained, in what though ? Is this something you do for a living ?
I have a certificate from school that says I can swim 25 meters, at my age I doubt I could anymore, I'm still technically certifed as being able to do so though, I just tend not to boast about such achievments unless relevant.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 26

I've got a cycling profiency badge!!

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 26

Is dogpiling the manner in which you deal with members with whom you disagree. All I'm trying to do is describe my issue  in in a non-controversial and polite manner ?

The facts will be established by me serving a Subject Access Request on BT.

I'll leave others to judge your own contributions.

I would prefer it if those in charge of the forum to remove all contributions that are argumentative and plainly insulting or goading.

I would have expected more from those who claim to be senior members.

0 Ratings