cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyR351
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Contract problem

Hi,   I have a package contract that is due to end in July 2019 but haave now been informed that my BT tv discount ends in Jan 2019 and the price will increse.

I feel that this is wrong and would like some opinions/advice on the subject, as being able to suddenly increse a price makes a nonsense of being in  a contract.

Tony R

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Contract problem

Your BT TV contract would be separate to your broadband one, so when it expires, you are likely to see a price increase, but should should be able to renew it at the same price if you ring 0800 800 030.

I suspect your TV contract was 12 months, and your broadband one 18 months.

0 Ratings
TonyR351
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Keith, that is what we were told on the telephone but we were not told this when we renewed the contract last year, it makes a bit of a nonsense of having a contract if one party can unilaterally change the terms, but not your problem so thanks for your advice

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Actually BT can increase the price during the contract period, its in the T&Cs.  That happens quite often.

You can of course cancel the TV service once the TV contract finishes.

If you renew it, then it will automatically extend your broadband contract, as you cannot have TV without the broadband.

0 Ratings
TonyR351
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks again Keith, this could be never ending,I will leave things there at present but this unilateral contract change terms is making the newly cabled Virgin Media look like a viable option.

Thanks for your help anyway

Tony R

0 Ratings