cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Contract renewal confusion

I got an email that says my broadband is due for renewal in December.

Called BT - agent said that Fibre 1 would be 31.99/month less £8 discount. Then 19.99 for line rental saver would be taken off this (I renew line rental annually in January).

I then go on my bt and it says Fibre 1 £8. But I'm confused by the additional prices cut and paste from the online info:

Fibre 1

This package includes:

• Stay Fast Guarantee
  • Unlimited monthly broadband usage
  • UK and Ireland call centres - you will always speak to one of our team based in the UK & Ireland when you call us

Monthly prices and one off payments:

• £27.99 a month, then £35.99 from month 25
  • £0 activation
  • BT Home Hub included
  • 24 month contract
  • FREE postage and package

Broadband with Line Rental Saver

You already have Line Rental Saver so no additional line rental charge will apply.

Can anyone actually tell me what I'm getting for the £8 - and what is the £27.99 / month referred to? I am left with no idea as to how much it costs.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Contract renewal confusion

The 27.99 includes line rental & when the 19.99 is taken off it is £8 so it's just the same package, nothing different

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Sorry, I'm still confused when you say "same package, nothing different".

As far as I can see there is the same Fibre 1 package but being offered at two different prices?

So, on the phone I'm offered £4 net? (i.e. 31.99 gross minus £8 discount minus £19.99 line rental).

On MYBT I'm offered £8 net? (i.e. 35.99 minus £8 discount minus £19.99 rental).

Have I understood correctly?

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

You're right, the 27.99 (8) is the usual new customer deal so the other 23.99 (4) one must be a deal on the phone. They're both exacrly the same package

0 Ratings