cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Contract renewal later in the year.

Go to solution

My contacts for broadband FTTC 2 for price of FTTC 1 that  I got a deal on last time I renewed  and phone line on pay as you go is up for renewal near the end of this year.

For some reason BT TV(Now) with Big Entertainment and HD add on don't seem to be on the same contract as my FTTC and phone line and BT TV contract is to up mid March.
My question is could I cancel BT TV mid March . As I thinking of getting Now direct from them as would save about £1 on HD and Now have deals gong the now and maybe try and renew my BT FTTC  and phone line then and change account holder from my dad to mine as he in the last 5 years now has early stages of dementia. Love the Youview box but no long use it as much for apps since getting the Amazon Fire stick 9 months ago and getting another Fire stick for TV in living room 3 months ago.I have two Youview boxes one retail that I got in 2018  and one BT sent me in mid 2019 after the original BT T1000 that BT gave me in 2012 packed it.

I no longer use landline to make calls but do need  a landline as dad has a community alarm.

Been reading about being changed over to digital voice if you renew but not 100% sure if dads community alarm would work with digital voice or a digital line. I also using the BT Smart Hub(Home Hub 6)since early 2019.
If it was not for dads community alarm I would think about doing away with the landline 

I been mostly happy with BT. Also service and wifi has improved since moving from the Home Hub 5 to the Smart Hub(Hime Hub 6)and we have been a BT customer for everything since the 2005. As I briefly had  another service for internet in the old dial up days but landline has always been BT.

Other option was if I don't get a deal like last time for my FTTC  looking to move elsewhere near the end of the year. 

Darren

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Contract renewal later in the year.

Go to solution

You cannot change the account holder you would need to terminate your father's  contract at renewal and start a new contract in your own name negotiating whatever deal suits you. You cannot get contract without landline included but you can do away with call package and just do payg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Would be better waiting until near the time my contract for FTTC and phone for me to try and renew my contract than and try and get the account moved over to my name.

Will think about canceling BT TV mid March and getting Now direct from them.

How easy would it be to cancel BT TV and then get it direct from Now. Would there be a short lose in service.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@ney wrote:

and get the account moved over to my name.

As explained by @imjolly , you cannot move an account from one person to another. The existing account has to be closed, and a new account created in the new name.

Contract renewal would almost certainly force a move over to BT Digital Voice, with the phone connection coming from the back of the smart hub 2. Any alarm unit would need to plug in there, provided its compatible.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

Thanks for explaining about the alarm.

Will have a think when contract for FTTC is about up and look at my options then.

Strange the BT TV contract has a different end date to the FTTC.

May still think about canceling BT TV mid March and getting Now direct from them.

Darren