cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Contract renewal - price increase

Hello,

My father was a long time BT landline customer (account beginning with CM) in excess of 20 years . He passed last year and I took over the account. Last year I added Fibre 1 Broadband to the Unlimited Anytime Calls plan we had and the contract was for 18 months at £33/month.

I called up today to discuss a renewal, only to learn the Unlimited Anytime Calls plan isn’t offered anymore and instead there is just a Unlimited Calls plan which together with Fibre 1 would be £37/month going forward and that was the best price apparently. 

Do I have any options? I am happy with the service to be honest. Can I talk to someone higher up? I was told last year that at renewal either the package price would remain the same or even likely that it would be discounted further. 

Many thanks. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Contract renewal - price increase

The call packages changed at the end of last year so when you renew your contract you need to select one of the new packages.  When you took out your contract it should have showed the discounted cost which you agreed and also the cost that you would pay when your fixed term ended and you went to standard terms

i would phone the options team and see what deal you can negotiate 0800800030 as they are dealing with contract renewals. Many posts about it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

If you call 0800.800.030 you should be able to negotiate a deal that suits you. If you don't get the deal you want try calling tomorrow and you will get a different Customer Service rep and you may get a better deal.

If you don't get a deal that suits you should be prepared to walk away and take out a "new" customer deal that the other Internet providers are offering.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 4

@MA1694wrote:

I called up today to discuss a renewal, only to learn the Unlimited Anytime Calls plan isn’t offered anymore and instead there is just a Unlimited Calls plan which together with Fibre 1 would be £37/month going forward and that was the best price apparently. 

Do I have any options? I am happy with the service to be honest. Can I talk to someone higher up? I was told last year that at renewal either the package price would remain the same or even likely that it would be discounted further. 

Many thanks. 

It's a £4 increase per month and the calling plan now includes calls to UK mobiles and no more 1 hour limit, the price is for 2 years so you can budget for the future, you'll face small CPI price changes starting from March 2021.

Nobody can guarantee the price would remain the same, If you're happy then you can pay the extra £1, If the account is several years old, it would of had the free speed boost if the line supports faster than 55 mbps, so you'd have Fibre 2 speeds for Fibre 1 prices.

0 Ratings