cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Contract renewal

Go to solution

My Broadband contract is ending soon however since being upgraded to digital voice recently I am no longer able to see any personalised deals, renew or upgrade.

Example:

Sorry, we can't show you any personalised deals at the moment. But there's nothing to stop you checking out our current offers for broadband, TV, landline and BT Sport

Sorry, the package you've selected isn't available. Please choose another from those shown below.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Contract renewal

Go to solution

Phone BT 0800.800.030 and see what they can offer.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

My contract is up next year but they sent me a letter encouraging me to renew my contract now. Like you I can't because BT have screwed up an order and now I can't see any offers or order anything else. I can't imagine a business which refuses to take customer orders if it goes out of stock of a single item but apparently that's their approach.
It'll be worth looking around for offers from other suppliers as it's getting toward Black Friday. I have a good deal with BT at the moment but honestly I'd be willing to pay another fiver a month not to put up with their idea of customer service.

Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I think that's possibly sound advice, I don't think I will be bending over backwards to stay with them.

Also just found out that as an early adopter of FTTP and  still having one of the original modem/routers, this limits the ability for you to be upgraded to the faster full fibre options.  You will be stuck on a 150/300Mbps despite being in a 900Mbps area unless you change provider.

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

If the router or modem was the problem BT would supply you a new one free of charge so who every told you that was mistaken.

Did you phone the BT Fibre Team on 0800 587 4787 ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

That is not correct, it requires both a change in the exchange as well as the home which is why BT will not offer it to you. BT will not replace existing infrastructure unless its broken and will only offer deals that your current infrastructure can currently support.

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@Morphi34 wrote:

That is not correct, it requires both a change in the exchange as well as the home which is why BT will not offer it to you. BT will not replace existing infrastructure unless its broken and will only offer deals that your current infrastructure can currently support.

Are you saying the once FTTP, which you presently have installed in the property, can only deliver one speed with out replacing the current infrastructure in the home and the "exchange"?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Correct, there is an issue (possibly stability) with the older style ECI Series modem that Openreach installed in the early days which is why BT cannot offer speeds beyond 300Mbps (150Mbps in some instances). You simple cannot upgrade the modem in the home without a change at the exchange to marry the two together.

If there is anyone out there that has convinced BT to do that I would really like to talk to them.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Just to complete the saga I phoned BT as advised, turns out the website is not showing me any deals or options because I am simply not eligible for them as an existing customer.

The only option for me is for the same service at a more expensive monthly cost. Just as a comparison as of today:

BT Full Fibre 300 - £71 per month

edited by mod

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@markbloke  Can you get FTTP broadband and do you need a Landline?

0 Ratings