Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jem16
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Contract renewed but price change email confusing

Hi John,

First bill through after your changes and all is as you explained so thank you.

However also received my email about the price increases which was rather confusing. First part says Act Now and renew your BB contract to save the price increasing ( £2.50pm I believe ). 2nd part says only my Anytime call package will be going up by 51p and other services will remain the same.

So which is it?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Contract renewed but price change email confusing

Hi @jem16 Sorry about the confusion over the information in the price change email you received. I've moved your post to create a new thread as this is a different issue.

We will be happy to help check and explain this for you if you send us your details again. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
jem16
Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Thanks John. I have contacted you as requested.

0 Ratings
jem16
Contributor
Message 4 of 17

Thanks to Neil for your phone call this evening.

I did as you suggested and clicked on the Act Now in my email to see what my offer was - still none the wiser I'm afraid.

My offer said that I am currently paying £32.48pm for Infinity 1 plus calls - correct.

It then said that from 7th January 2018 I will be paying £32.48pm which seems to confirm what my email said about my BB not going up.

Screen Shot 11-15-17 at 08.13 PM.PNG

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 17

@jem16 wrote:

Thanks to Neil for your phone call this evening.

I did as you suggested and clicked on the Act Now in my email to see what my offer was - still none the wiser I'm afraid.

My offer said that I am currently paying £32.48pm for Infinity 1 plus calls - correct.

It then said that from 7th January 2018 I will be paying £32.48pm which seems to confirm what my email said about my BB not going up.

Are you still in the initial 12 month contract?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jem16
Contributor
Message 6 of 17

I'm not in the initial 12 month contract as a new contract had been started on the 5th October. My initial contract was for 12 months and ran from 10th November to 9th November. I negotiated a new contract on 4th October which started on the 5th October. It was messed up and had to be sorted by the Mods here - this was done on the 12th October. My email arrived on the 6th November which technically was within my first 12 months but obviously January is well out of it. My email states only Anytime calls will increase but Mod Neil said last night that my BB would definitely also increase and to follow the Act now link in the email. Having done this it still seems to state that my BB is not increasing. I know I can leave but would stay if it was just a 51p increase. Not so happy with a £3.01 increase though. I really just want to know what the situation is.
0 Ratings
Eugene77
Message 7 of 17

Absolutely agree with "jem16" and other customers. Also received the email, regarding another price increase. (?!) Why? Silly explanation - "we are improving our (BT) services". And? Your Internet is not perfect. Speed is fluctuating a lot (if applications are correct) and slow, when certain amount of G.Bites are reached. BT - improving your services should be at your own cost, not from your customer pockets. The price plans, we are paying, are not cheap.

The same with the car insurance companies. 17 years no claim bonus. No circumstances are changed. But every year £24-26 increase in price (?). Is your office workers are required X-mas bonuses also? 

Not happy at all with BT price plan increase. But who cares from BT?

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 8 of 17

I fully agree. The email can be miss leading depending on how you first read it. 

Its about broadband price increase but when you like on act now. It then also shows you after the offer that there 1572 service is also going up by 50p and it shows you the total cost including the 1571 service if you have that. So my offer is £50.49 a month + upgrade to Home Hub 6 yet you go into it and before you confirm your order it says unlimited Infinity 2 + calls £52.49 a month. So don't know where the extra £2.50 has come from and I still got the 1571 at £2.50 to add on top of that making the total monthly cost £54.99.

I can see how some will can find the email miss leading.

Darren

0 Ratings
jem16
Contributor
Message 9 of 17

To add to my earlier screenshot, I phoned BT Retentions on the number I was given by Mod Neil when he phoned me to clarify my situation as he told me my BB was definitely going up.

BT Retentions have assured me that my BB is not increasing due to the cost agreed on 5th October when I agreed a new contract - long story that one as Mod John will know. The person I was speaking to also checked with her manager who also said the same. Only my Anytime call package would be affected by an extra 51p. I have recorded the complete conversation so I have proof of what I have been told. I have also saved the screenshot.

Basically I will be staying with BT but if my BB increases on 7th January - should find out on the next bill due on the 11th December - then you can be assured that I will take this complaint further including Ofcom if necessary.

To summarise;

One email, once screenshot, one BT rep on Chat, one rep from BT Retentions and one manager from BT Retentions have all told me that my BB will not increase and only my Anytime Calls will increase by 51p.

Forum Mod Neil has said my BB will increase by £2.50pm.

No wonder customers are unhappy!

0 Ratings
leesa_fairy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

I've had this same confusing email!!! Apparently just my BB is going up by £2.50 yet I am still in a contract until Sept 2018, it says if I click the renew now button I won't be affected by the £2.50 (which I am frankly too scared to click because who knows what hidden fees are in there plus line rental will in no doubt go up), god knows when they will extend my contract to or at what tariff!!

0 Ratings