cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cazzy1987
Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Contract renewed but price change email confusing

@leesa_fairy we had this email a few weeks ago. We still had 18 months left on our contract so for us it made sense to renew for the 18 months to keep our price lower.

I rang and spoke to someone and all that happened is if you renew at the existing price a new contract starts and the one your on now is no longer valid (only for broadband and phone)

We renewed and nothing has gone up, line rental etc is the same. If you dont renew it will go up £2.50 a month.

If you ring up someone should be able to help.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
nemu
Contributor
Message 12 of 17

I Received an email from BT informing me of a £2.50 a month increase for Broadband and calls 

when I clicked on the button "Act Now"   it gave me two options neither of which I will accept :-

in my case its asking me to sign up to a new 18month contract ans also agree to a price rise at thr end of this 18 months 

my two options offered  :-

£52.39 a month   18 month contract then £63.99 a month 

or 

£49.89 a month 18 month contract then £63.99 a month

I assume if I do nothing my monthly charges will rise to £52.39 bit I won't be in any contract or faced with a hugh price rise in 18 months time

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 17

@nemu

you have already posted your similar comment on another thread and I reponded - maybe you have not read the reply yet

anyway

'you are always in contract with BT whether it is a fixed term 12/18 months or a rolling monthly contract after your fixed term is completed  you are not agreeing to the price going up to £63.99pm after 18 month term is completed more you are being advised that after the 18 month deal your price will revert to standard cost - unless you re-negotiate a new deal'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
borderline
Contributor
Message 14 of 17

What's this Act now option? I too got the email but there is no such an option to act now.

basillcally only a couple of weeks ago I upgraded to Infinity and my contract is for 18 mothns , I'm pretty sure I was told I would not get a price increase during this period.. but only the other day I received an email that my bill is goiing for £2 each month !!

what's going on then?

0 Ratings
jem16
Contributor
Message 15 of 17

The "Act Now" was a clickable option within the email. It showed like this.

Screen Shot 12-07-17 at 11.57 AM.PNG

0 Ratings
borderline
Contributor
Message 16 of 17

I definatly don't have the Act now option. The only option I get is 

You can get even more from your BT broadband service
We've put together a personalised offer just for you. Just log in now with your BT ID or Account Number.

but when I click on the link it takes me to a page that says :

Sorry…

We don't have any personalised offers for you.

0 Ratings
jem16
Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Just to come back to this as I received my first bill today after the price increases.

I'm glad to say that my bill only rose the 51p that I had been advised of in my initial email and which had been confirmed by BT Retentions when I contacted them.

In this instance it appears that I was not given the correct information by Mod Neil here which is a little worrying as I've always felt this forum was the place to come if we have problems.

0 Ratings