cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Converted garage

Hi all 

I’m moving into a converted garage next to my grandparents and would like to get broadband the conversion already has a line which has been used recently,the conversion doesn’t have its own address is it a case of just getting a package using my grandparents address or is there more to it as I don’t want to mess things up for them 

thanks 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Converted garage

@milnerconnor1 

You may find that the "line" is actually just an extension from the main house. You would have to apply for an additional line for your grandparents house, otherwise it will all go wrong, and they would lose their service.

Would it not be simpler to extend the broadband from the house to the garage, using an Ethernet cable, and then sharing the cost with them?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi 

I maybe wrong but it think it is a second line as my sister who was in there before had her own broadband contract

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I maybe wrong but it think it is a second line as my sister who was in there before had her own broadband contract

That would most likely be the case, the second line would come in via the main house, you may be able to trace it back to its source, possible an additional master socket somewhere.

If you place your order with BT Retail, and make sure its an additional line, then there is a good chance that Openreach will see the old routing, and re-use it.

0 Ratings