cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Cost of Calling a 0560 number

I have been asked to call a 0560 (NVS) number. Before I make the call I would like to understand if this is a premium number, and if so what is the cost. I am on the 700 minute plan.

I have searched the BT Tariff guide and cannot find any mention of 056 or NVS.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cost of Calling a 0560 number

Who has asked you to do this? Usual rule of thumb is if it was unprompted by you then it probably a scam. Don't do it.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dialling_codes_in_the_United_Kingdom

05 numbers are normaly used in TV shows as fake numbers

but Costa Rica Country Code is also 506 (knida close to what you posted)

so it could be trying to get you to call overseas.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Please don't panic 😂

It is a friend who is testing Voipfone, before he attempts to transfer his existing number, is has been provided with a 0560 number for testing and asked me to call him!

Back to the original question.

I have been asked to call a 0560 (NVS) number. Before I make the call I would like to understand if this is a premium number, and if so what is the cost. I am on the 700 minute plan.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/storefront/pdfs/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

* 700 minutes & Unlimited minutes: UK means calls to Local and National numbers beginning 01, 02, 03 and 05 and calls from Northern Ireland to landlines in the
Republic of Ireland and UK mobile numbers. Calls of longer than an hour starting inside the inclusive call period for your calling plan are charged at 19.82p per minute
with no call set-up fee (17.34p for Line Only discount customers).

so no cost it would use your mins

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Madpeter   Thanks, I missed that … made the call, now waiting for the bill 😀

0 Ratings