cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SunshineGirl
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Cost of dialling Access Codes begining 0844

Can anyone tell me where I will find the BT prices of ringing access codes for international numbers through phone services on 0844 access code tel nos ?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cost of dialling Access Codes begining 0844

Try the special number price list PDF at the bottom of the link. http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25502

Stew

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

The rates are quoted by the telcom that is offering the 0844 number and varies as to which country you are calling.  Look at their website.  The "no-subscription" calls are very handy and we often use it to call landlines in Asia for ~2 or 3p/min though the quality can be variable.

0 Ratings
SunshineGirl
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

I appreciate the info but where are the prices on the list ??   All it states for 0844 200 is g22  and 5?   No instructions on what these codes mean and where the prices are for them?

Are they hoping you will give up by throwing loads of lists at you that don't mean a thing or give you the info you need ?

I find BT deliberately awkward when it comes to giving you meaningful price information and where there is confusion provided it usually means they are looking to exploit you price wise !

0 Ratings
SunshineGirl
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Actually I was aware of this and checked but it did state that you need to check with your provider for accurate prices charged.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

All the information is there, it's just a bit of a treasure hunt trying to find it.

You've started by discovering that your number is charged at the g22 rate in the special number price list.

Next scroll back up to the top of the list.  If you look closely, one of the headings in that list refers to a footnote (a) with the 'a' underlined.  Click on the 'a'.

Footnote (a) tells you to see part 1, and the '1' is underlined, so click on that.

Assuming you're a residential customer, you now need subpart 1.  So click on that.

You're now presented with another list, which finally gives you the prices for code g22.

Simple huh?

SunshineGirl
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Ah !   Found it at last, but why do they make such a meal of it, it is very confusing and does not explain itself at all.   Like i said perhaps they hope you will just give up and ring anyway and get the shock later when the bill rolls in !   Does not help their reputation though for customer service does it and I am sure this sort of thing just encourages people not to bother with BT at all !   Can they really continue to discourage customers using their services considering the number of providers on the market these days ?

Thanks for the help !

0 Ratings
SunshineGirl
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

I would add that I have just phoned BT to check what I was charged for a couple of calls to Spain using this access code and I was completely misled by BT.   I was told by the access telephone code service "Simply Dial" that BT charge 15p set up charge but according to BT this does not include the 30p for the first minute (or so I was told) which is added to the 15p and then 0.5p per minute after that.   Also when I asked for the charges I had already been made, he stated that for an 8 min call to Spain I was charged 27p !!!!!   Then another for 1 minute of 17p ????????????

So either the calling service "Simply Dial" using the 0844 code misled me which doesn't appear to be the case according to the actual charge made by BT, or BT misled me with the info they provided.    Also he said he would send me an email directing me to the charges that are made for these calls and I was directed in the email to the Sales Page of BT outlining the various call charge plans with absolutely no information on specific call charges.

Rubbish Customer Service !!

0 Ratings