Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MustafaChaka
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Could someone help us to understand my 1st bill

Go to solution

just this month my parents decided to continue with BT and sign a new broadband package as previous contract had expired. I spoke to BT about the new deals available which was £37 with calls for super fast fiber. Also a £44 package which was the new BT Halo. So we decided to go for the halo package and was charged this month £57 even though we've bought line rental saver. When I rang BT today apparently we were charged an additional £10 due to post and package off the router and halo devices. But they did say it would be £37 from here on after. Could anyone help us understand why is the 1st month bill usually higher then the future ones. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Could someone help us to understand my 1st bill

Go to solution

You get billed in advance, if you changed during the billing cycle, you get refunded the old rate then rebilled the new rate.

Let's say your billing cycle runs on the 1st of the month and you pay £40 per month.
Half way through that month you upgrade to pay £80 per month.

On the next bill you would be refunded half of the £40 (-£20) then rebilled at the new rate (+£40), plus the following month ahead, that bill would be £80+£40-£20 = £100
If you had postage for equipment it would be another £9.99, so £109.99 but then the following month £80 as agreed.

Billing can be quite complex, I hope my explanation made sense 🙂

0 Ratings
MustafaChaka
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

So basically that was a one off payment off £57. So from there on it should be £37 as was stated by the BT customer advisor ? 

Cause on the my Bill's section its says 1st bill for the halo package was £44.99

unlimited calls £12.00

£9.99 for P&P

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@MustafaChakawrote:

So basically that was a one off payment off £57.

I can't see your bill, please don't share though as this is a customer to customer forum.

@MustafaChakawrote:

So from there on it should be £37 as was stated by the BT customer advisor ? 

Yes, if you factor in your line rental saver, you opted for Halo at £44.99, plus you have a calling plan at £12 according to your reply, that comes to £56.99, you also stated you pay line rental in advance, BT reflect that on your bill with a £19.99 credit.

So £56.99 - £19.99 = £37 per month