cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stepmach
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Credit refund gone missing through a 'negative receipt file' BT transaction

I had made overpayments towards end of October and beginning of November to my account using my credit card and the mastercard that I had received from BT when I opened my BT fibre/phone account. I was assuming that the credit amount would be used to pay the monthly BT charges, as my account would be in credit (and not be taken from Direct Debit.

When I received the price increase notification towards the end of November, I decided to leave BT. And as there was credit I asked them to either refund it to the card that I paid from or to the DD bank account. Strangely I was informed that the amount has been refunded back but I have not received it. Having checked the payment history on my BT account, it shows that the full amount of credit was negated assigning the transaction a 'negative receipt payment'.

Having gone through the BT customer service through phone and chat and having spoken to a number of people and departments, the issue was still not resolved. I then made a complained that the issue is not being resolved. Without even letting me know BT have sent me a notification about stopping the service.

I am wondering what my next steps would be! Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Credit refund gone missing through a 'negative receipt file' BT transaction

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Credit refund gone missing through a 'negative receipt file' BT transaction

@stepmach Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings