Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sallyann5929
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Credit report & complaint

I want an actual e-mail address please or a direct number so that I can raise a complaint. I was kept waiting for 20 minutes being passed through 3 different sources (costing me money) and then I was cut off. So my issue I called about isn't being delt with but I'm not willing to keep spending money on calling BT to not get the answers I'm seeking. The address which is on my account is that of my mother (where the line is placed). I pay for the line but I do not live there or have ever lived there and I have been linked to that address which is not correct and it is on my credit report linking to me and should not be and it is affecting my credit report. The account (which I pay) should be registered to my home address as I am the bill payer and I shouldn't be linked to that address. I have raised a Dispute with Equifax but I'd like to speak to someone direct from BT that knows how to sort this out on my account please.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Credit report & complaint

I think you might find that the account has to be linked to the address that the line is supplied to and if the account happens to be in your name that will of course link your name to that address. The reason for the linking is basically that you are being given credit when you have a BT account and if you have a bad credit rating, BT would deal with you differently from a person with a good credit rating.

What you should have done to avoid that was to put the account in your mother's name and you should then have set up a direct debit in your name to pay the bill. All that would happen in that case would be any debt to that address would be linked to your mother, the account holder and not to you as the bill payer.

You can contact BT on  0800 800 150 which is free from a landline so should not cost you anything to call them.

sallyann5929
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

That was the number that I called. I got passed between 3 departments and then hung up on. I don't have a land line as that line is not in my address.. it's at my moms address and when I took out the account, I wasn't allowed to put it in her name because it had to be in the name of the person who was paying the direct debit. My mother couldn't get credit which is why I applied for it on her behalf. So it just brings me back to the same position again 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I am not sure what will be able to be done with this because the account is linked to the address and if your mother who lives there can not get  credit, BT would not have installed the line or if they did there would have been a different procedure.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @sallyann5929 and welcome.

@gg30340 is correct. If the account is in your name then it will be linked to your credit rating. We can't change the name on the account, it has to be ceased and reprovided in the new account holders name. Regardless of that the account details will still be on your credit rating as it is in your name.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings