cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Currently with Sky and wanting another Provider.

Go to solution

Hi, I'm looking to get another internet connection at my address as playing games on my Sky internet connection is extremely slow with non stop packet loss because of people downloading. I have a few questions, Firstly I'll have to have another phone line installed right? If so is that included in the BT Broadband & Phone bundle? I'm looking to purchase the Fibre 2 package.  And would this cause any problems with my pre-existing provider? Thanks for taking the time to help 🙂

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Currently with Sky and wanting another Provider.

Go to solution

If you want a second service , you need to ensure that the new provider orders a new service , otherwise your existing service will simply be migrated to the new provider  , if you do get the correct type of order issued, the the price quoted will be ‘all in’ , not separate line and broadband charges.

If your existing service delivered overhead or underground, generally there is only 1 connection per premises , so to have a second ‘line’ may result in a second cable from the telegraph pole ( if overhead ) or some jointing work in the underground network ( if served underground ) 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

From what i've been reading people are saying that you can have more than one provider at the same address, You just need a second phone line? I'm fine with paying the fee's for it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

If you are willing to pay for it, you can have as many lines as you want from as many providers as you want.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Yeah that's what i've been reading, It's probably better to ring BT and talk about my situation before ordering right?

Thanks for helping btw 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Okaydanwrote:

It's probably better to ring BT and talk about my situation before ordering right?🙂

Speak to the 'Sales Support' team, they can make sure it goes down as a 2nd line installation instead of a working line takeover the system favours.

0 Ratings