cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Albate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Customer Service

Having spent from 1830 in a que to Customer services I was cut off by a recorded message at 2100 saying they are closed! 

I tried online chat and they cannot help me.

Is there any way of speaking to BT once you have signed up for services or do I need to cancel my new contract just to get someone to speak to me?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Customer Service

@Albate 

What issues do you have, as this forum is a very good place to start?

You can then be directed to the appropriate board, where one of the community members should be able to help. 

0 Ratings
Albate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I recently signed up for a broadband and phone package and was told I could keep my number.

2 weeks after broadband install phones didn’t go over so I chased and was told my number cannot be transferred to digital phones.

i was offered to keep analogue phones and keep my number so I agreed.

I have now had an email confirming the order for the analogue phone and they have added another £30 charge and put my new package up by almost £10 a month and changed phone deal.

I was not advised that anything would change to my contract and prices and I need to sort this out or cancel the services before it goes too far but I cannot speak to anyone. I have spent all evening from when I got home from work in a que to be cut off at 9pm 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

@Albate 

I have moved you to the correct board now, this one.

Which provider did you move from, and were you ever a BT Retail customer in the past?

What type of broadband package do you have?

0 Ratings
Albate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

I was with sky so already on a bt line. 

I signed for a fibre package.

At no point was I told that to keep my number and a lesser analogue line would cost me circa £150 extra over 12 months. If I had been told this I might not have signed up for bt 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Being with Sky tou did not have a BT line but an line provided by openreach which is not the same. Did you port your number to sky from another ISP or was number given to you by SKY?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Albate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

The number was ported to sky from another provider. I have had it for 25 years.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

@Albate wrote:

I was with sky so already on a bt line. 

I signed for a fibre package.

At no point was I told that to keep my number and a lesser analogue line would cost me circa £150 extra over 12 months. If I had been told this I might not have signed up for bt 

No, a Sky line is not a BT line, its an Openreach line which is rented by Sky. There is no such thing as a BT line any more.

Its not usually possible to port Sky phone numbers to BT Retail, unless your number was originally a BT Retail number, before you moved to Sky.

Did you order the  same type of broadband connection, that comes down your phone line, as the one from Sky did, or do you now have a direct optical fibre coming into an Openreach box with lights on it?

If it comes down the phone line, then that will be the same for your phone number. Unless you had ordered a landline phone from BT, there would be no extra charges.

There are a number of forum members here, who should be able to help you further, and if it cannot be resolved, then one of the moderators, who are BT Employees, will be able to resolve any issues.

I see you have a few replies already, so I am sure it can be resolved. When does your service get activated?

0 Ratings
Albate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

I just want to pay the price I signed up to and have the services I signed up for keeping my number as I was told I could. 

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Albate,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having getting your number moved over to BT.

From what you have mentioned in your post it sounds like you are an FTTP customer, if this is the case then sadly the Mod team won't be able to help with this case.

Can you confirm if you are on an FTTP or FTTC broadband connection?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings