cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
eightace
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

DACS on line so cannot place ADSL order with another ISP - how can I get BT to remove it?

Who is the person to contact to get DACS removed from my line?

The ISP say they cannot put the order through as they cannot specify the line and as I understand it the BT position is that  DACS will be removed when an order is put to them. I tried phoning the support line over a week ago and nothing seems to have happened.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: DACS on line so cannot place ADSL order with another ISP - how can I get BT to remove it?

this is done by openreach and not BT retail.  you need to get your isp to contact openreach as openreach do not deal with the public.  there are previous similar posts and if you use the search facility for dacs remove and search the community you will find them

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: DACS on line so cannot place ADSL order with another ISP - how can I get BT to remove it?

its as imjolly says. Speak to your ISP .

I had this a few years ago when I wanted adsl when it first came out. Every one I spoke too at BT said I could not have ADSL but would/could not tell me why. Even when being put through to the engineering side, all I got was a gruff voice saying I could not have it and when I asked WHY, I was just told "Because you can't".

In the end I went to a smaller ISP (Nildram) and they found out that the records showed that the line was DAc'sed. It wasn't but the records just had not been updated in over a year.

The ISP then had to put a manual order in for ADSL

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings