cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marksmith34
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

DSL Checker / OpenReach status different

If i go to the Openreach website and enter my postcode / address it tells me i can order FTTP

Openreach.png

But if i go to DSL checker, or try to order from BT it doesn't show as available.

DSL Checker.png

The engineers were on the street a few weeks ago, and said the fibre should now be live. My address was included in the work they had scheduled.

Any idea why FTTP isn't showing in DSL Checker?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: DSL Checker / OpenReach status different

the most accurate estimate is based on your phone conenction.  it is unusual if your cabinet has FTTC that you also can get FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 10

Try chasing Openreach using this form - if you get an automated reply resend it until a person replies

https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d

What result do you get if you use your phone number on the Openreach website.

0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

What does the DSLchecker say if you search via your address (not postcode) rather than the telephone number?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Try 0800 587 4787  that is FTTP order/help and they will tell you if you can order

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
marksmith34
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

I tried the FTTP order number. They said until it appears in DSL Checker, they can't place an order.

If i search OpenReach with my phone number, it still says accepting orders.

If i search DSL Checker with my address i get the following:

DSL Checker 2.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

as it says in the notes using your phone number gives the most accurate information - not address or post code

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Is there obvious signs FTTP is available in your street?

Are the lines fed overhead or underground?

If overhead can you see Manifolds on the top of poles and green metal boxes about chest height on some of them?

Or if it's CBT Fibre they'll be what look like egg boxes painted black on top of the pole with an oval shaped joint about 10/12 feet off the ground on the pole.
0 Ratings
marksmith34
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

The fibre is underground. They had laid the fibre down the street and it’s connected back to the exchange according to the OpenReach engineers. They have also put blue rope in the ducts to each property to pull the fibre cables through when ordered.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Ah right. Well the Broadband Availability Checker belongs to BT Wholesale. Until they put on there FTTP is available for you then BT Retail won't be able to order it.
0 Ratings